Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The comments under the youtube vid are generally positive. He didn't blow anybody way but most are reasonable in saying he's young and new to the international set up.

In the end, who cares? We know we have talented player on our hands.

Yep, a couple not too impressed but most were reasonably understanding that he is new to International football. Not sure what the comment that I think translates as pipe smoke means!

We know he’s good and that’s all that really matters. I do agree that he looked better in the first half though.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Yep, a couple not too impressed but most were reasonably understanding that he is new to International football. Not sure what the comment that I think translates as pipe smoke means!

We know he’s good and that’s all that really matters. I do agree that he looked better in the first half though.

Humo puro? Not a positive comment, I'm afraid. All smoke. Saying there's no substance.

Great for him.

A bit of a pain for us though. Finished that game about 2am last night, UK time. Will not arrive back here until Thursday, jetlagged. Not much chance of him being 100% for Saturday.
:lolol:

Not much chance that he won't be.

Actually the 2nd half only kicked off at 2am UK time, but that's only your first error! Match was in New Jersey, so if his flight leaves at noon EST, he'd be arriving in London around 2pm GMT. So, it just requires a couple of early nights here, even if he didn't travel until Thursday (which is something you seem so sure about).

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
:lolol:

Not much chance that he won't be.

Actually the 2nd half only kicked off at 2am UK time, but that's only your first error! Match was in New Jersey, so if his flight leaves at noon EST, he'd be arriving in London around 2pm GMT. So, it just requires a couple of early nights here, even if he didn't travel until Thursday (which is something you seem so sure about).

Coming back from the US is dead easy....hardly get any jet lag at all. A few hours kip on the plane and a shorter day when you arrive this end, all fine. He’ll have no doubt been in first or business too so plenty comfy enough. If he leaves at noon EST he’d arrive at around 2am though, not 2pm (7 hr flight + 5 hrs ahead). More likely though he’d be on an evening flight I’d think.

There are loads of comments on twitter, several not very complimentary but some recognising he’s young and inexperienced (and ‘theirs’). Biggest issue for the fans seems to be his wearing of the no 10 shirt.......apparently reserved for their best players and ‘he’s not the Colombian Messi yet’ according to one tweet [emoji23][emoji23]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Where was Alzate yesterday?

Morelos was also away with Colombia and only got back to the UK yesterday due to air traffic strikes

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Morelos was also away with Colombia and only got back to the UK yesterday due to air traffic strikes

Guessing he was rested.

He’s only a young lad and had just travelled across the world, played a 100+ minutes of football and then travelled back. Harsh to compare him to other players who have experienced this before and will be somewhat accustomed to it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Rested by all accounts.

No idea if he was caught up in the same as the above, or it was just decided that having been away and played twice, he needed a day off.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I agree I would have rested him if he only got back Friday or indeed yesterday but frustrating to have players in that situation when travelling away for their country

You can see why Fergie often pulled players out all the time

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would have thought that the club would have paid for an upgrade for him to first class if he wasnt already in that so that he could sleep all the way home. As it happens Mooy came in and played very well so Alzate wasnt missed. This may present a problem to him next week when surely Mooy cannot be dropped.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would have thought that the club would have paid for an upgrade for him to first class if he wasnt already in that so that he could sleep all the way home. As it happens Mooy came in and played very well so Alzate wasnt missed. This may present a problem to him next week when surely Mooy cannot be dropped.

If there is an air traffic controller strike then regardless of what class you are in, you aren’t flying.

Plus you can’t go direct, likely have to go via Madrid or change in the US. So even in first class you’re likely to only get a 4-5 hour sleep... if you can even sleep

Jul 7, 2003
If there is an air traffic controller strike then regardless of what class you are in, you aren’t flying.

Plus you can’t go direct, likely have to go via Madrid or change in the US. So even in first class you’re likely to only get a 4-5 hour sleep... if you can even sleep

Weren't their games played in the US this week?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

yes, but when you rendevoused with your SAUCE yesterday, WHAT DID HE ACTUALLY MEAN?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

According to E dreams a direct flight from Bogota to Heathrow takes 10Hrs 20 mins.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Avianca have a Bogota/LHR service that's direct (BA used to fly from Bogota but with a short stop in Caracas). Agree re 4-5 hours sleep from the East Coast - NY to London is usually only a 6 hour flight or thereabouts so no chance of any more than that. Bogota (direct) is more like 10-11 hours though so easy to get a decent night's sleep in club/first.

Didn't Potter say in the press conference that Alzate had got back v late Weds night ?

Avianca have a Bogota/LHR service that's direct (BA used to fly from Bogota but with a short stop in Caracas). Agree re 4-5 hours sleep from the East Coast - NY to London is usually only a 6 hour flight or thereabouts so no chance of any more than that. Bogota (direct) is more like 10-11 hours though so easy to get a decent night's sleep in club/first.

Didn't Potter say in the press conference that Alzate had got back v late Weds night ?
The match in New Jersey kicked off on Tuesday at 8pm EST. Presumably it was hotel straight after, so why would he have been flown to Bogota on Wednesday when that is even further away from London?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here