View Poll Results: Was Newcaslle one point gained or two points dropped?

Voters
267. You may not vote on this poll
  • One point gained

56 20.97%
  • Two points dropped

211 79.03%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    2 dropped to a very poor side. We look great until the final third when, today, we only seriously threatened from Connelly’s dink over the keeper. Really need to see the teams off around us!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I put 2 points dropped because we really should have won this on the 1st half showing alone. Ifs and buts I know but if Trossard had been fit we may have come away with the 3 points. I hope he is back soon. At least we didn't lose.

0 Not allowed!
      Played well but we are going to score less than last season playing like this.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Drebin View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It would have been two points dropped if we had had a glut of chances, but we didn’t. We had a few but we weren’t exactly pushing the ball over the line or cutting their defense to ribbons. We were playing keep ball in the middle. When burns and Webster push up out of the three we’re 6/7 in midfield which makes our dominance easier to achieve.

IMO this dominance masked a lack of presence up front. Therefore a point gained for me as despite being the better team we didn’t have what it takes to break them down.
      Yes, agree with this, though you are perhaps a shade harsh. No trossard or Murray and so we had to field two inexperienced youngsters, who did, nonetheless do us proud. Encouraging performance for me, and yes, it is also frustrating to dominate, as we have done so often, and yet not get the 3 deserved points. But yet again we have shown so far that we are better than 5 other teams in "our league". I think there is more to come.

0 Not allowed!
      How long are we gonna keep saying we're playing great whilst not gaining points though

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
      [email protected] is one of the biggest idiots on this board.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy Boots View Post
      Silly question, being that we were so dominant.

Have you been drinking Bozza
      Depends on how you define dominant.

Toon: 4 Shots on target.
      BHA: 3 Shots on target.

Possession does not win matches, goals do.
      I’d take 10% if we scored a few!
      :guitar:
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nottseagull View Post
      With his back to the goal, he was superbly positioned to see two unmarked colleagues (one was Alzate) just a few yards in front of him, yet he chose to try and beat opponents right on top of him. I've seen selfishness as bad as that before, but in 50 years watching football I've never seen worse.
      I’ll have to watch that incident again and I will get back to you on that...

That aside, to put your mind at rest, he’s definitely not turning into the next Locadia and in my opinion has shown more than enough already to indicate that he will be our top man and our main goal scoring threat this season....

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      Depends on how you define dominant.

Toon: 4 Shots on target.
      BHA: 3 Shots on target.

Possession does not win matches, goals do.
      I’d take 10% if we scored a few!
      We had 16 shots to their 11 and we had one cleared when over half the ball was over the line with some amazing defending by them!

I don't think you would feel too comfortable watching 10% possession game though!
      was out on 9,999 but back after special request from Whitechapel.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Point gained. They only looked dangerous when Caroll came o and changed there game. With Androne gone ang Murray with a niggle something we were unable to do. Thought there sub was outstanding and if stays fit will win a few games for them

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by amexer View Post
      Point gained. They only looked dangerous when Caroll came o and changed there game. With Androne gone ang Murray with a niggle something we were unable to do. Thought there sub was outstanding and if stays fit will win a few games for them
      Yes, I noticed him in an earlier match for Newcastle -big bustling lad with real pace.