Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Oh there it is! The old "people do it elsewhere so why can't I do it here" excuse. Pathetic. We are better than them. This place NEEDS to be better than just old boys banter, clique in groups and abuse.

If you're wanting this to be turned in to Plooks' echo chamber you're going to be waiting a very long time indeed. Might be time to create that special online safe space you've always dreamed of?

Either way there is a tremendous irony in calling this thread "bloated" and then hijacking it for your own personal agenda, so unless you have some breaking Andone news I'd leave it there.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Lol after you lot already ruined it, so it hardly counts. You still have not answered any of my very reasonable questions or will you just ignore them and get a mod-mate to ban me with no explanation from this thread too?

As for Andone I hope he gets fit soon and there should always be a door left open for him for if he cools down a little.[/QUOTE]

And if he doesn't, as seems rather more likely?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lol after you lot already ruined it, so it hardly counts. You still have not answered any of my very reasonable questions or will you just ignore them and get a mod-mate to ban me with no explanation from this thread too?

As for Andone I hope he gets fit soon and there should always be a door left open for him for if he cools down a little.[/QUOTE]

And if he doesn't, as seems rather more likely?

If the door isn’t left open for him, he’ll kick a hole in it

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
OK, I'll admit it - even 12 hundred posts on, and yet still whenever I see this thread on the index page, I initially see it as:

"Florin Andone season-long loan to Glastonbury" ....................... I have at long last stopped opening it to see wtf that is all about!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Seems that he is back with us for the rest of the season, due back to fitness around Feb. I guess we won’t be grabbing an extra striker come January now?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Will be interesting to see if he is in the 25 man squad on Feb 1st, or sent over to UnionSG to try and help them get promotion when he is fit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hope we never see him in an Albion shirt again. Disruptive players can feck off

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hope we never see him in an Albion shirt again. Disruptive players can feck off

To be fair we don’t know that.

We have heard it from the “ in the know wankers” but that is all.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair we don’t know that.

We have heard it from the “ in the know wankers” but that is all.

Seen him being a head case on the pitch, read his interviews. Bollocks to him (from a not in the know wanker)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Potter wants him in the squad, that's good enough for me. If not, c'est la vie.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I suspect he'll be named in the 2nd half season 25 squad, but it seems he won't be ready until nearer the end of the season and may have some humble pie bridges to build.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Has anyone heard the latest on his injury?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Andone himself seems to think differently

https://twitter.com/FlorinAndone11/status/1202638220275654658

translation - 'Thank you for the information. I did not know'

To the original tweet

Florin Andone, 26, will return to Brighton from Galatasaray. The Turkish club gives up the Romanian striker after the injury that will keep him away from the lawn until February 2020. At one point there was a definitive transfer on the Brighton - Galata route.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He won't play again, Potter is a man of conviction.

Equally if we need him Potter isn't a fool and will use him if injuries & suspensions leave us light. Having him available for the 2nd half of the season could mean we have the luxury of waiting until the summer to sign a striker

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Equally if we need him Potter isn't a fool and will use him if injuries & suspensions leave us light. Having him available for the 2nd half of the season could mean we have the luxury of waiting until the summer to sign a striker

True but the fact that we shipped him out and left ourselves Maupay with no PL experience, GM as back up and Connolly, with no senior exprerience I think it extremely likely that he is not in Potter’s plans. Who knows though Potter is always springing surprises..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here