Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone season-long loan to Galatasaray

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
is it not simply possible that when the window was open we had no idea galatassaray were going to come in for Andone, so didn't think we'd need to replace him? Then when the window closed they made an offer, and the deal was good for us and for Andone
There's been nothing so far to suggest that the deal was particularly good for us financially, and we're missing a good striker from a squad light on strikers. It's seems as though he either didn't want to be here, or didn't fit in well with the other players, which is a shame.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] 700k and you would think wages is getting close to 3m, which although a shit load of money doesnt seem like a lot but goes 25% of the way to dealing with the projected loss. But yes I would be guessing that the relationship was somewhat toxic and it was this, not the money that decided things, certainly not the ability. But then the ability came with some shocking cavelier play.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
There's been nothing so far to suggest that the deal was particularly good for us financially, and we're missing a good striker from a squad light on strikers. It's seems as though he either didn't want to be here, or didn't fit in well with the other players, which is a shame.
As I said on the previous page Andone has said he asked for the transfer for first team football it wasnt the clubs choice. Galatasaray approched him after Tosun turned them down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As I said on the previous page Andone has said he asked for the transfer for first team football
And I find that hard to believe, as I'd expect him to get lots of first team football here. I don't think we have a better striker.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I would say this:

[MENTION=4019]Triggaaar[/MENTION] 700k and you would think wages is getting close to 3m, which although a shit load of money doesnt seem like a lot but goes 25% of the way to dealing with the projected loss. But yes I would be guessing that the relationship was somewhat toxic and it was this, not the money that decided things, certainly not the ability. But then the ability came with some shocking cavelier play.

Plus we don't actually know what the terms of the loan are, which is why I didn't specify financially a good deal. Maybe there are obligations on us because of the contract with Andone and this alleviates (or fulfils) some of them.

No, there's not been a lot to suggest the deal was financially great for us, but I haven't seen a lot to support a lot of the other theories either.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Florin was as big a **** as is being suggested then we are well shot of him imo. How did he ever pass the “No Dickheads” policy?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No, there's not been a lot to suggest the deal was financially great for us, but I haven't seen a lot to support a lot of the other theories either.
There has been support for other theories. Lack of messages and likes between Andone and the other Brighton players, and journalist saying his leaving do was to be held in a phone box etc. That doesn't mean it's a fact that there were problems of the pitch, but it is support for the idea.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There has been support for other theories. Lack of messages and likes between Andone and the other Brighton players, and journalist saying his leaving do was to be held in a phone box etc. That doesn't mean it's a fact that there were problems of the pitch, but it is support for the idea.

Lack of public messages. And maybe Paul Hayward's comments were based on journalist's view of him, or on the view of one or two players who didn't get on with him and not actually representative of the squad of a whole. And the fact that my theory is a common process in transfers is support for the theory, too.

Some, but not a lot of support for my theory (other than it being among the most common reasons transfers happen), Some, but not a lot of support for the others either.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's taken a while for me to realise this validates my theory regarding Andone and his inclusion in this season's 7.

I was always reluctant to put him at the top of the 'fighters' list because I was never convinced he'd fight for the club and team mates.

I do worry we're now a little lite when it comes to a scrap.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Some, but not a lot of support for my theory (other than it being among the most common reasons transfers happen)
Common when players are sold, not when they're loaned out. It really doesn't look like his move was based on our finances.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It’s probably been mentioned before but Andone hardly ever seems to score when he starts a match. I think he might have scored a couple in the cup last season but all his league goals for us came from the bench.

We were desperate for a striker and he was available on the cheap due to his relegation release clause

And what exactly has changed apart from Glenn Murray is two years slower

It’s probably been mentioned before but Andone hardly ever seems to score when he starts a match. I think he might have scored a couple in the cup last season but all his league goals for us came from the bench.

Goals from the bench would be nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here