Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Motd 31/8/2019

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I can’t remember last time I watched MOTD as Sky and others has so surpassed it now and I just don’t get Lineker or Shearer as relevant compared to sky’s pundits

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I agree but then again it is always like that. From watching the highlights I got the impression that we only touched the ball occasionally but had 46% possession, 6 shots at goal, 2 on target. Apparently Pep hugged most of our team after the game and was complimentary about us taking the game to them.

Can't help but thinking that praising us for trying to make a game of it is not really a compliment.
It's exactly how he wants teams to play against him.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Pep Guardiola is pure class, as to what he said about the Albion, thats good enough for me.
Yes it's a shame the pundits cannot say anything worthwhile about us, but that's life.
Most pundits talk bollox anyway :lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Agree. Very predictable. However, they have to show the best chances in the short time available, and Man City created nearly all of them. It does give a false impression, though.

Am I the only who thought Laporte desrved the injury for clattering Webster? In the studio they were all 'we hope he's ok', instead of criticising the foul. They also suggested our player should have been taken out earlier in the move (Man City's normal tactic of committing 'small fouls' deep in the opposition half to break up attacks). So I guess that's to be encouraged then, in case one of your players gets an injury by having to make a worse challenge? Pretty gobsmacked by that part of the discussion, tbh.

I was disgusted by that piece of analysis. By Jenas saying he should have been fouled earlier, by Lineker not taking him to task on that, and by all the sympathy for Laporte when it could just as easily have been Webster injured.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I wanted to see the Burn “takedown “ high ball came over Burn and Aguero, Burn took it down with such skill
that Aguero applauded him... commentator said “you won’t see a better touch than that all weekend.
Anyone got a clip, I’d love to see it clearly instead of on the mosaic stream I watched.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Can't help but thinking that praising us for trying to make a game of it is not really a compliment.
It's exactly how he wants teams to play against him.

True but isn't that a better approach that sitting in our own half and defending all match and still losing?

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Ive said it before , not worth watching I record the 30min highlight show sky put together on all prem games ,100 times better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, much better, showed City's dominance but also plenty of times we got into decent attacking positions. Didn't watch MOTD and won't bother on catch up now either

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Didn't even mention us

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That tackle by Laporte might well have been a sending off if made by an Albion player. Sympathy for the injury? **** off, it was a very cynical and nasty challenge. A good potential goal scoring opportunity wiped out because of it. Delighted the right player got injured.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
True but isn't that a better approach that sitting in our own half and defending all match and still losing?

Not necessarily.

De Bruyne and Guardiola both mentioned the difference in our play, compared to last season.
The fact they mentioned it is probably less to do with improving the quality of the fan experience, than improving the likelihood of getting the result they want.

In the semi final we went behind at a similar point in the match.
We were still in the game right up to the final whistle.
The tactics on that day were probably a better approach to get a result, although it ended in defeat.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
That tackle by Laporte might well have been a sending off if made by an Albion player. Sympathy for the injury? **** off, it was a very cynical and nasty challenge. A good potential goal scoring opportunity wiped out because of it. Delighted the right player got injured.

Yeah this.

That tackle was as likely to injure Webster as Laporte.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not necessarily.

De Bruyne and Guardiola both mentioned the difference in our play, compared to last season.
The fact they mentioned it is probably less to do with improving the quality of the fan experience, than improving the likelihood of getting the result they want.

In the semi final we went behind at a similar point in the match.
We were still in the game right up to the final whistle.
The tactics on that day were probably a better approach to get a result, although it ended in defeat.

City didn’t get out of second gear once they scored in the semi final. Even if we had scored they would have upped their game and beaten us. We were an embarrassment in that game imo. Hated it, especially when compared to the other semi final.

Anti football at it’s best (worst)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I was disgusted by that piece of analysis. By Jenas saying he should have been fouled earlier, by Lineker not taking him to task on that, and by all the sympathy for Laporte when it could just as easily have been Webster injured.

Spot on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When is MOTD available on I player after the Saturday night showing as I missed iot last night with too many programs recording so it failed to record. An oversight by me.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Jenas maintaining the Tielemans challenge on Callum Wilson was only a yellow did my head in.

In most aspects it was worse than Andone's last week.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Holy hell! I've only just watched MOTD. I'd read the comments about Laporte's foul on here before watching but I didn't realise it was that offensive. Absolutely remarkable that such a cynical and, worse still, dangerous challenge can be discussed solely in terms of tactics and potential risk to the perpetrator. The risk to Webster? Nah, no need to go there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here