Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
This City team is so good up top, but if you press them you can get at their defence, they do have frailties. Unfortunately we're not good enough yet to capitalise.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Tbh, this was always going to happen. With the difference in quality, there's no way we can compete in an open game. I'd rather we played the CH way. We only lost 1-0 in the FA Cup semi and could have nicked a result. What is the point of going there to get hammered? So naive from Potter.

I don't think you can recruit, train and play a certain way, and then change it completely for what is a one-off game (Ok 2 city and 2 liverpool games) :wink:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I disagree we played well against West Ham. I also think losing Andone shouldn't have affected us as much as it did. Our defence for Southampton's first goal was poor.
We never seem to get anything against Burnley so it could be 4 games without a win. We're not scoring goals.

It's almost like we have a new manager who plays completely differently to the previous one and that that change may take time to fully come to fruition.

We should've won that WHU game 3-1 or 4-1. We had plenty of excellent opportunities and they scored with their first chance from within 25 yards. It is a worry that we're not scoring enough, but not scoring away at Man City is not an indication of anything other than that they're the best team in the league (and potentially in Europe).

It also surprises me that people aren't a tad more happy considering they absolutely battered us at home in the last game of last season whilst we were God awful to watch. I'd prefer to watch this than the crap we were served up last year. Although you're entitled to disagree, of course.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Close up of Dunk on TV where it looked like he's saying oh Ref..........Ref................Ref....................Knob Head

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tbh, this was always going to happen. With the difference in quality, there's no way we can compete in an open game. I'd rather we played the CH way. We only lost 1-0 in the FA Cup semi and could have nicked a result. What is the point of going there to get hammered? So naive from Potter.
Nah. Potter could have knocked City out of the cup with Swansea if it weren't for dodgy decisions in favour of City. We also lost 4-1 against City at home, so picking the one game where we managed to lose by only 1 is disingenuous.

I'd rather we lost by 1-0 today, but that was never likely, no matter how we set up.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
This City team is so good up top, but if you press them you can get at their defence, they do have frailties. Unfortunately we're not good enough yet to capitalise.

So is she... tenor.gif

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Sinking towards the bottom 3 quickly now

We'll be bottom half this season, so we're trotting off back to where we live. :shrug:

I think we're playing better than last season, so I'm happy. Anyone who genuinely thought we'd rock up to the Emptihad and thrash them wants to give their head a wobble.

I don't feel one bit less positive. :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's almost like we have a new manager who plays completely differently to the previous one and that that change may take time to fully come to fruition.

We should've won that WHU game 3-1 or 4-1. We had plenty of excellent opportunities and they scored with their first chance from within 25 yards. It is a worry that we're not scoring enough, but not scoring away at Man City is not an indication of anything other than that they're the best team in the league (and potentially in Europe).

It also surprises me that people aren't a tad more happy considering they absolutely battered us at home in the last game of last season whilst we were God awful to watch. I'd prefer to watch this than the crap we were served up last year. Although you're entitled to disagree, of course.

My worry is that we're not scoring goals. Possession and passing well is all very nice but we need points. Obviously we weren't going to get anything today but I don't understand why Duffy was dropped.
We've played City in the last two years & kept it to 1-0 and 2-0.

boik

Oh yeah - I forgot that you get extra points for only conceding 1.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here