Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jurgen Locadia season-long loan to Hoffenheim

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Maybe mate.

Plenty of 33 year old strikers doing the business, not many 36 year olds. I'd be wishing him well, but father time catches up with everyone.

Nicky Forster was 36 when we signed him I think? Also, I'm thinking about Kevin Phillips and the role he played in helping Palace to promotion. Jason Roberts did a job in the Championship as well, at advanced years. I honestly think Murray in the Championship is almost a guarantee of promotion. There are plenty of teams really struggling for a striker at that level. Murray is probably still about the best available.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
All those players were much better at 33 than 36. Not to say Muzza couldn't do a job as he wasn't a pace player, but her visibly tailed off last season and has showed nothing in his cameos so far this. I doubt he'd fire a side to promotion and I don't get the impression he even wants another club now. Would be delighted if he has another top season or two in the Championship, I don't see it though. He can't play all those games

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I completely agree with you - I think he'll want to move in January to get game time. You're a long time retired and at 36 I don't see him wanting to sit around not playing. He doesn't strike me as that sort of character, I definitely think he'll find himself out on loan, probably at a London club so he can commute rather than move. If I were manager of a Championship club, he would be THE name I would want to sign. If someone gets him, I'll be betting on their promotion.

I doff my cap Ninja Elephant. Some sense at last. Brentford might end up being that capital club. A club moving into a new nearby stadium, with reasonable promotion hopes. I'm sure it's been done before...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
T'is ok, no harm no foul.

No, it was definitely a foul. The Hoffenheim player stepped in front of the defender who was absolutely hacking through the ball, and got a lump taken out of his leg. Definite foul and every chance there was some harm to the player as well.

:jester:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just noticed that Transfermkt says Hoffenheim have an option to buy when the loan ends.

They are terrible with their player valuations, but very reliable with other information.

Perhaps everything is all agreed in advance like the Knockaert deal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hopes and prayers he scores a barrel load for his German village side. Only so they'll stump up some money and we can recoup some small part of his transfer fee from the Dutch Walking League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here