Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why did we buy Adam Webster?

nickjhs

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Simple question why splurge 22m on a player it doesn't look like we are going to need, unless he is insurance against injuries? Maybe there was more to the Dunk to Leicester than Bloom and Co were letting on. Any ideas?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
I'm guessing that Burn has done enough to keep his place.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Because Potter plays 3 centre backs, what happens if one of them gets a long term injury or suspensions ect? Don’t think anyone envisaged Burn being as good as he has been either.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As he will replace Duffy very shortly

He’ll get his chance soon. Not as if we aren’t making mistakes for goals

nickjhs

Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
Simply because we weren't expecting this from Burn- hardly a problem!
I guess this is the case. It just seems odd that Burn got the nod for the first game if he was such an unknown quantity. I have heard Potter saying one of the benefits of having a strong squad is everyone fights to the best of their abilities to be in the starting 11. Clearly this has brought out the very best in Burn. His understanding of Offside is a bit odd though considering he is a professional footballer, the other day he was saying he was surprised he was called for offside and rather than a foul

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I guess this is the case. It just seems odd that Burn got the nod for the first game if he was such an unknown quantity. I have heard Potter saying one of the benefits of having a strong squad is everyone fights to the best of their abilities to be in the starting 11. Clearly this has brought out the very best in Burn. His understanding of Offside is a bit odd though considering he is a professional footballer, the other day he was saying he was surprised he was called for offside and rather than a foul

Not sure that can be classified as 'odd'. He knocked their goalie over. Foul was a much easier call.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Seems a very naive question.

Surely to compete even in the third quartile of the PL we need to try and build a higher quality squad covering all positions..?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Simple question why splurge 22m on a player it doesn't look like we are going to need, unless he is insurance against injuries? Maybe there was more to the Dunk to Leicester than Bloom and Co were letting on. Any ideas?

Think it through

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Because Potter plays 3 centre backs, what happens if one of them gets a long term injury or suspensions ect? Don’t think anyone envisaged Burn being as good as he has been either.

Etc not ect please

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Playing 3 centre backs we need at least 4 in the squad who are pushing for a place in the team.

No competition for places will cause complacency which will cause poor performance.

Next daft question please...............

el punal

Au contraire. We are now an established Premier League side (our third season, hopefully more!). We need like for like decent players in key positions. If there was an injury, suspension or loss of form applying to Dunk, Duffy or Burn and we didn’t have Webster - then who?

In our first season in the PL we played Arsenal (Away). We had NO recognised striker available due to suspension, injury and whatever. Izquierdo was played in that position and was like a fish out of water. Just that situation alone would back the club’s argument for needing suitable, if expensive, back up. By the way, we lost to Arsenal and didn’t score.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here