Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Imagine a world with no VAR

FannieMac

Jan 4, 2014
I'm planning to put together the 'No VAR Premier League Table' from a universe where VAR disallowed goals do not exist. Every week I'll post the premier league table as if no goals have been disallowed from VAR.

MatchDay 1 : Were there any disallowed goals ? I cant remember any
Hopefully by the end of the season we'll be able to see if VAR disallowed goals is actually a complete waster of time, or if they favour the big six (most likely?)

20190820.png

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm planning to put together the 'No VAR Premier League Table' from a universe where VAR disallowed goals do not exist. Every week I'll post the premier league table as if no goals have been disallowed from VAR.

Hopefully by the end of the season we'll be able to see if VAR disallowed goals is actually a complete waster of time, or if they favour the big six (most likely?)

View attachment 114512

Man City had one that didn't affect the result; Wolves had one that did

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
But the same series of events would not have happened if the goal had been allowed and the game would have restarted from a kick off.

Sorry.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Fair enough. Good idea. But why are you only looking at goals DISALLOWED by VAR? What about things like Man City's penalty at West Ham, that they missed, but scored on a VAR-enabled retake...

:facepalm:

This is going well!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Tonight I shall be LIVING in a world with no VAR. Off to watch Cambridge Utd vs. Scunthorpe.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You asked about WEEK ONE.

He's talking about a goal ruled out (for offside against Sterling) in their 5-0 win at West Ham.

Exactly.

I must say that while this is an interesting exercise, I don't think it's anything other than an amusing pastime. We don't know what would have happened if a goal had stood - it's not just the kick-off affecting things, different substitutions may have been made (or not made).

It's quite fun though

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Might Burn have been flagged offside last season so he wouldn't then have put the cross in for the goal anyway
I think the linesman is supposed to flag after the goal, to indicate that he thought it was offside? That's how it worked at the WC, but maybe they've changed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here