Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Hey Lefties!

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
As a cricket coach, I'd be more than happy for MCC to ban all left-handed batting and bowling for cricket.

Unless Leach get Steve [the freak] Smith out then it would be okay [but spinners only] no seamers thanks ...

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Another leftie here!

I write, use a computer mouse & tenpin bowl left-handed, but do most other things right-handed (play golf, throw darts, use scissors etc).

My Mum is left-handed too and I remember early days of infant school where my teacher used to make me use my right hand to write, but I always objected. Eventually, she gave up - I think my Mum may have had a 'quiet' word.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
And yet the Burnley Lara is the opposite! [emoji23]

Which makes sense really, right handers should bat left handed ! Never understood why they let their duff hand do all the controlling work on the bat.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I love to watch left handed people writing. It looks actually awkward and painful but I think for the most part their handwriting usually looks neat and tidy.

I also think it looks weird when I see someone riding one of those pedal scooters if they put their right foot on the bar and push with their left leg.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I love to watch left handed people writing. It looks actually awkward and painful but I think for the most part their handwriting usually looks neat and tidy.

Mine doesn't, mine looks like i'm having a seizure whilst sitting on a washing machine.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As a Left handed chap I remember clearly having a catholic brother at my De la Salle (Jesuit) school literally tie my left wrist to my belt to “encourage” me to use my right hand to write with as left handedness was the work of Satan or some shit.

No wonder I’m now not only Left handed but also an Atheist. Nice work Father Hale.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Snooker & writing left handed batting bowling darts right handed basketball left and right messed up kid at school :blush:

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
I

Write....Left handed
*&$%£@......Left handed :wink:
Throw/Bowl.....Left handed
Bat......Right handed
Tennis / Table Tennis /Badminton....Right handed

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:bowdown: Lefties are the finest of all society, that's just how it is.

Although I'm one of the bad ones, I write left handed, play pool and snooker left handed as well. But tennis and darts are right handed. ??? I can't throw left handed either, it feels totally wrong. I'm also natural kicking a football (badly and inaccurately) with both feet. Ambidextrous and ambipedal!

Likewise :moo:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Me too. A definite advantage batting right-handed with my strongest left eye down the line of the ball.

Same here, although crap at cricket, left handed, left footed, play guitar right handed, drum left handed, pool left, rackets left, bat right. Write left, smudged my drawings and cuffs as a draughtsman, eat right handed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here