Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I hope this lot are very wrong!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
The problem is that Sky have hyped the premier league up so much that almost the entire media have no interest outside the top 6.
We are lucky to have a couple of decent journalists supporting us who know the score.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pickles

May 5, 2014
How many points are the spread market expecting us to finish on?

Crystal Palace Points 41.5 43
Aston Villa Point 39.5 41
Burnley Points 38 39.5
Brighton Points 37 38.5
Newcastle United Points 36 37.5
Norwich City Points 34 35.5
Sheffield United Points 32.5 34

To be fair, they have us down there as well......

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What a crock of shit.

- Bloom will back Potter and give him time
- We have goals in our team IF we venture into the opposition’s half
- Ageing team? Apart from Murray and Stephens all of our likely starting eleven is under 30
- Hughton was a big part of the problem and would have taken us down
- Mooy, Trossard and Maupay alone make it a great window

My biggest negative is losing El Capitan he hasn’t actually gone anywhere.

Written by idiots posing as experts

We have signed a chap called Adam Webster,as well!
Once he settles in, I predict he will become on of our star players.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Read this article by comparison. Informed, considered and intelligent. No "we asked our 15 year old social media work experience spod what he thought here".

Highly recommended read (probably worth its own thread).

https://statsbomb.com/2019/08/brighton-and-hove-albion-2019-20-season-preview/

No no no...articles these days have to based on first impressions, club personalities and the conversations you’ve had with mates down the pub! How DARE this guy takes an objective stance and produces a balanced article that fairly assesses the situation with well informed research on individual players and the team tactics! :rant:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No no no...articles these days have to based on first impressions, club personalities and the conversations you’ve had with mates down the pub! How DARE this guy takes an objective stance and produces a balanced article that fairly assesses the situation with well informed research on individual players and the team tactics!

Absolutely this! And to add to the nonsensical idea of "this guy" taking an objective stance, "this guy" happens to be a woman called Grace! Outrageous! :rant:

What is the world coming to? (The end, probably ...................)

:wink:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
some of those comments by the FI mob already looking very suspect

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Just re reading these predictions, they are already, mostly, looking an utter embarrassment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just re reading these predictions, they are already, mostly, looking an utter embarrassment.
I've got it in my mind Oddschecker did a decent analysis, but that's the only one I remember as being anything other than doom and gloom.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
To be fair we were something of an experiment at the start of the season, but you can see the progress on the pitch.

Last night on twitter there was one of those gambling related accounts, with 10,000 followers, listing off teams in the premier league who could fall straight through to League 1. It wouldn't take too much research to work out, we already have half a team performing really well in the Championship, so it was sheer bloody laziness to include us on the list.

Strangely I passed up the opportunity to pick a row on that one, but I am feeling much better today, thanks.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Wow. A lot of Merson-esque comments along the lines of "if I haven't heard of a signing then they must be sh*t"

Far too much weight given to a lack of PL managerial experience too IMO.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Just goes to show, even at this stage, what they know. Apart from City and Liverpool setting the pace, and my dog could have forecast that, they have very little right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Read this article by comparison. Informed, considered and intelligent. No "we asked our 15 year old social media work experience spod what he thought here".

Highly recommended read (probably worth its own thread).

https://statsbomb.com/2019/08/brighton-and-hove-albion-2019-20-season-preview/

That is as good a synopsis of Albion that I have read and it’s not even written by an Albion fan. Refreshing to read an article by someone who understands football at managerial, recruitment and on field level so well. Written pre season too when just about every other journalist was predicting a season longs struggle with a rookie manager.

Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
That is as good a synopsis of Albion that I have read and it’s not even written by an Albion fan. Refreshing to read an article by someone who understands football at managerial, recruitment and on field level so well. Written pre season too when just about every other journalist was predicting a season longs struggle with a rookie manager.

Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

By her own admission she wants Potter to succeed. I hope this means she publishes a follow-up article soon to look at our season so far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here