Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lawro's predicitons

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don’t want to grow up though…!

Fortunately there is a place where it is possible to 'go ******* mental' without attracting criticism or, indeed, much attention.

Seagulls!

:wink: :thumbsup:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
They’ve not had the kindest of fixtures, it’s very early in the season and I worry opinions like this are what makes the board blow up at defeats or bad results tbh. A draw tomorrow would be decent enough - no such thing as a bad away point and definitely no such thing as an easy game in this div!

I would hardly say my post was full of bluster and bollocks, saying it would be easy., and that we were going to win the league, or indicating that we were now above the likes of Norwich, Burnley etc

It just said that given our respective starts, the results, it was difficult to see how this could be predicted as a draw.

No triumphalism at all, If my post was about us playing City, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs then yes you would be right. But it was about a team that has started very badly, even given they have had some tough matches, against a team that has had its best ever start in the top flight, with one of the best defensive records this calendar year-not just this season, and we have played not just weaker teams.

I even said it would be a "Brighton" thing to do to not get a result, so why would my post make the board blow up if we get a bad resulyt or two.

Its the opinion that we are somehow not worthy of our position, and we are expecting it to all go wrong and lose the next 7 and that our league position is completely false that is more of an issue than one expressing reasonable optimism that we have a better than even chance of beating the bottom team

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would hardly say my post was full of bluster and bollocks, saying it would be easy., and that we were going to win the league, or indicating that we were now above the likes of Norwich, Burnley etc

It just said that given our respective starts, the results, it was difficult to see how this could be predicted as a draw.

No triumphalism at all, If my post was about us playing City, Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal, Leicester, Spurs then yes you would be right. But it was about a team that has started very badly, even given they have had some tough matches, against a team that has had its best ever start in the top flight, with one of the best defensive records this calendar year-not just this season, and we have played not just weaker teams.

I even said it would be a "Brighton" thing to do to not get a result, so why would my post make the board blow up if we get a bad resulyt or two.

Its the opinion that we are somehow not worthy of our position, and we are expecting it to all go wrong and lose the next 7 and that our league position is completely false that is more of an issue than one expressing reasonable optimism that we have a better than even chance of beating the bottom team

I’m naturally extremely pessimistic yet also extremely optimistic at times - I’m an oddball!

arewethereyet?

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
So the footballing oracle has gone for a Citeh away win, hasn’t even given us the luxury of scoring either.
With their current form I think he could be right this week. As much as I would dearly love a repeat of the classic at the end of last season, I can’t see it happening. :bhasign:

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
"People are probably used to me being wrong with my predictions, but before Brighton went to Liverpool last week I did an interview where I said that, if the Seagulls go to Anfield and try and take them on it will be asking for a hiding.

They went there and played three up front, drew 2-2 and should have won. I have been laughing about that one, but it was just more evidence of what a good job Brighton manager Graham Potter is doing." He is slowly waking up to reality, although its not just GP, Brighton is clearly a very well run, enthusiastic and supportive club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here