Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Patrick Viera’s Palace has a better ring to it, he’s won more medals and trophies than Palace 2010 have in their 12 years of existence or ever will probably. If ever a manager was bigger than the club this is right up there :smile:

No one manager/player or indeed any invidual at all, is ever bigger than the football club. People come and go, the football club is permanent.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Had a quick look at the odds for the next Birmingham City manager and Mr Rooney is priced at 4/1 on some markets. However should Rooney be offered the post and take it does Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City have a ring about it? I mean The Blues aren't exactly what you would call fashionable or are they?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Had a quick look at the odds for the next Birmingham City manager and Mr Rooney is priced at 4/1 on some markets. However should Rooney be offered the post and take it does Wayne Rooney's Birmingham City have a ring about it? I mean The Blues aren't exactly what you would call fashionable or are they?

Too late, it's John Eustace's Birmingham City now . . . and that most certainly doesn't have any ring at all about it!

The Bluenoses certainly didn't waste anytime replacing Lee Bowyer.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
15 minutes from my front door to watch all our loan players at Pride Park next season - plus I would assume bottle tops allowed too

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
15 minutes from my front door to watch all our loan players at Pride Park next season - plus I would assume bottle tops allowed too
A couple (the likes of Tsoungui, Turns, Offiah, Moran maybe) would be good for me if they were loaned to Cheltenham! Nowt but a free bus-pass away.

Would have thought they will both be good enough for Championship moves.
Rushworth probably needs a Championship loan now. Roberts, yes, it would be a good move for him - his career needs a bit of a pick up; looks a bit stalled at the moment.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Rushworth probably needs a Championship loan now. Roberts, yes, it would be a good move for him - his career needs a bit of a pick up; looks a bit stalled at the moment.

Rushworth makes sense, I suspect he would start as number 1 but I haven't seen anything of him or the other keeper we signed. Roberts a little less so because, assuming Curtis Davies signs up, he wouldn't make the starting XI. Davies signing is no given I guess but then you'd be pairing Roberts with Cashin, 2 20 year old centre halves in L1 :eek::eek:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Both Rushworth and Roberts loan deals close to completion according to Andy Naylor, this morning.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Rushworth makes sense, I suspect he would start as number 1 but I haven't seen anything of him or the other keeper we signed. Roberts a little less so because, assuming Curtis Davies signs up, he wouldn't make the starting XI. Davies signing is no given I guess but then you'd be pairing Roberts with Cashin, 2 20 year old centre halves in L1 :eek::eek:

League 1 is exactly the place for promising 20 year olds - especially one who has had a full season of senior football already.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
League 1 is exactly the place for promising 20 year olds - especially one who has had a full season of senior football already.

I don't disagree - The point I was making is that I don't think he would displace Cashin so wouldn't be in the starting XI UNLESS we were playing 2 20 year olds together, which worries me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here