Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Wayne Rooney’s Derby County

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don’t see what’s funny, Big Sam would be a good appointment for Derby and where they are right now.

Sexy football? No. But he’s done a good job everywhere he’s been arguably.

He’ll have Derby mid table next year, and give Rooney and Rosenior more coaching experience in the meantime.

Allof this.

It won't be pretty football, but he will stabilize them, and keep them up in the short term, his record in that respect is second to none.

Then as you say, once his job is done, it could well be time to hand over to the young guns, or alternatively it will give the board time to appoint someone else with more experience to take the club forward long term.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
CKR’s at Derby! WTF? And bossing the game according to 5 Live. I thought he was still playing in Papua New Guinea via Tegucigalpa.

Mind officially blown.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Important point at home to Wycombe today. :lolol:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks like it's a straight fight between JT and Wazza for the Derby job, both will go onto be excellent managers, be interesting to see who the new owners pick and they are set to be given a £25m warchest in January to keep them in the Championship.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
CKR nets for Derby in the 83rd minute to put them 1-0 up against fellow strugglers Coventry. Surely they can hold on for only their second win of the season...

GOAL: Derby 1-1 Coventry
Gustavo Hamer (90+1 mins)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Glass half full that's two games unbeaten and by all accounts much improved performances than under Cocu. With a large January warchest Wazza can keep you up.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
CKR’s at Derby! WTF? And bossing the game according to 5 Live. I thought he was still playing in Papua New Guinea via Tegucigalpa.

Mind officially blown.

Mine too.

I had to just Wikipedia him to check his age.

Still only 34, so not quite as old as I'd thought.

If you asked me before that, I'd have guessed him to be around 37/38 and – at most – on the books at some obscure side in, say, Cyprus League 2...!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
CKR nets for Derby in the 83rd minute to put them 1-0 up against fellow strugglers Coventry. Surely they can hold on for only their second win of the season...

GOAL: Derby 1-1 Coventry
Gustavo Hamer (90+1 mins)

That's must've been a real Hamer blow to the team after going ahead late on :jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On the plus side they have won the trophy for the highest Championship wage bill in the last decade :moo:

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/4537454/ EFL Wages 2010-19.jpg

EFL Wages 2010-19.jpg

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Mine too.

I had to just Wikipedia him to check his age.

Still only 34, so not quite as old as I'd thought.

If you asked me before that, I'd have guessed him to be around 37/38 and – at most – on the books at some obscure side in, say, Cyprus League 2...!

Exactly what I thought, late 30s, retired or obscure foreign team. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here