Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Couple of signings?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apart from Kayal, who I don’t think had the physicality to support Stephens.

Interesting that you refer to physicality, given I would say that's probably Kayal's strongest attribute! I agree that overall he may not quite be up to the Prem, but if we're up against someone like Burnley then the King is exactly who I want in a scrap.

Zac

Jun 2, 2018
Bogle maybe but is hardly defensively minded, Maupay maybe but Joao Mario? Joao Mario is an attacking midfielder or box-to-box midfielder at a stretch, never mind the fact Brian Owen has already said we're not interested.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I see a few more are getting a little twitchy now, after all the talk from the boring, self-satisfied ***** suggesting that there was no problem when many of us saw the signs.

Just a few days to go now. Anybody actually think we're going to sign the quality needed in the blatantly obvious (to anybody with eyes and a modest history of watching football) positions in our first team?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Poker player Bloom is gambling on either:

a) Potter turning last season’s misfiring players and some untested youngsters into a mid-table PL outfit, whilst leaving circa £50m of broadcasting monies untouched in the club bank account earning 1% in interest; or

b) He has our incoming RB, ACM and striker firmly in his sights, and will blink and laugh last in negotiations with the selling clubs.

Praying it’s the latter.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Poker player Bloom is gambling on either:

a) Potter turning last season’s misfiring players and some untested youngsters into a mid-table PL outfit, whilst leaving circa £50m of broadcasting monies untouched in the club bank account earning 1% in interest; or

b) He has our incoming RB, ACM and striker firmly in his sights, and will blink and laugh last in negotiations with the selling clubs.

Praying it’s the latter.
It's definitely the latter. Barber has already said the club have 2 or 3 players they want to bring in before deadline day. He's hardly likely to say that if it wasn't true !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's definitely the latter. Barber has already said the club have 2 or 3 players they want to bring in before deadline day. He's hardly likely to say that if it wasn't true !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That would be great news, if pulled off.

With the “it’s a difficult market” soundbites, although true, also a bit of a smokescreen whilst transfer work went on behind the scenes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
That would be great news, if pulled off.

With the “it’s a difficult market” soundbites, although true, also a bit of a smokescreen whilst transfer work went on behind the scenes.

The club always keep EVERYTHING transfer related very quiet. He’s not going to pop up and say ‘yeah Tony’s sanctioned another 80 mil, we’re just looking at how we can spend it’.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here