Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gareth Bale: What a waste

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Back to polishing his trophy cabinet, playing golf and having early nights in Madrid then.

Fair play to the boy for sticking to going his own sweet way. Looks like Zidane's been told by his paymasters to back off. As for Madrid supporters, most entitled in the developed world or what? What is it that would actually make them happy? Personally I suspect absolutely nothing - apart from maybe moving to the seaside and a less extreme form of politics.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Fair play to the boy for sticking to going his own sweet way. Looks like Zidane's been told by his paymasters to back off. As for Madrid supporters, most entitled in the developed world or what? What is it that would actually make them happy? Personally I suspect absolutely nothing - apart from maybe moving to the seaside and a less extreme form of politics.

Yep, Zidane has probably had his orders from the president to play him. I wonder how much that 7-3 loss to AM had to do with the decision. I would imagine the atmosphere at RM will turn even more toxic for Bale if he plays and they aren’t of to a flyer. The situation seems like a bigger mess in the waiting.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yep, Zidane has probably had his orders from the president to play him. I wonder how much that 7-3 loss to AM had to do with the decision. I would imagine the atmosphere at RM will turn even more toxic for Bale if he plays and they aren’t of to a flyer. The situation seems like a bigger mess in the waiting.

Being reported that the Chinese club were unwilling to pay a transfer fee in addition to Bale's wages. Which would have left Real £85M down on the deal. Oh well :lol:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Being reported that the Chinese club were unwilling to pay a transfer fee in addition to Bale's wages. Which would have left Real £85M down on the deal. Oh well :lol:

A piece of me wants Bale to see out his contract regardless of what happens. Just to teach the entitled fans and president a lesson.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9007074 said:
Moved called off by Real Madrid apparently :shrug:
Eh? Thought they'd found the one club in the world that could take on his wages, and now they want him to stay?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Technically not. Bale's valuation on the RM books would have depreciated over the course of his original contract meaning that if he left on a bosman at the end of the first deal, madrid are losing a player they value on their books as £0.

Stumpy Tim

Technically not. Bale's valuation on the RM books would have depreciated over the course of his original contract meaning that if he left on a bosman at the end of the first deal, madrid are losing a player they value on their books as £0.

I assume his value as an asset then climbed when he signed a new deal. He has 3 years on his contract, so will be an asset on the balance sheet I believe

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You'll all be pleased to know Gareth Bale has already planned his retirement from football.

Having just found the Michael Calvin interview mentioned on the Connelly thread, I'd let the discussion roll onto Bale.

Calvin says Bale has already planned the start of his retirement.

Him and 20 mates will spend 6 months watching tournaments and playing at the worlds best golf courses.
Bale says he's costed it all out and believes it'll set him back £35,000 per person!

Which is nice.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You'll all be pleased to know Gareth Bale has already planned his retirement from football.

Having just found the Michael Calvin interview mentioned on the Connelly thread, I'd let the discussion roll onto Bale.

Calvin says Bale has already planned the start of his retirement

Him and 20 mates will spend 6 months watching tournaments and playing at the worlds best golf courses.
Bale says he's costed it all out and believes it'll set him back £35,000 per person!

Which is nice.

Weeks wages then...he will have earnt that back in interest before he finishes the 6 months.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Given the situation it sounds like Bale has fallen out of love with football. Hardly surprising, at that level it becomes about everything but the football itself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given the situation it sounds like Bale has fallen out of love with football. Hardly surprising, at that level it becomes about everything but the football itself.

Calvin said Bale is all about family first...

...Seemingly golf second...

...Football never.

Rather easy way to look at life when football is paying you a bazillion pounds a week.

Jimmy Grimble

Just wish I was one of his mates

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here