Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Official Loanee Tracker Thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last second VAR penalty for Big Jurgs Hoffenheim.

The big man stepped up and slotted it home.

That'll be a goal in each of the last 3 games.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Clarke off with knee injury for Derby v Forest after 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
2 goals and an assist for Viktor Gyokeres today in a 3-1 wallopping of SV Wehen Wiesbaden. Leo Ostigard played the full 90 minutes as well.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Gyökeres interview with Swedish Fotbollskanalen.se. Just gonna translate the important parts:

How is St Pauli different from Brighton?
Brighton is a Premier League club, they have great facilities. Everything here is a bit smaller but the conditions are still good. But of course its different.

Do you have any contact with Graham Potter?
I've had contact with the club but I haven't called Potter. There are other people in the club keeping track of the loan players.

Malmö FF sports director Daniel Andersson said you "Gyökeres is a very interesting player. We'll see what happens".
I havent heard anything, but I heard about that. I focus on this now though and dont think about anything else. It feels good to play here but of course it is flattering.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-defender-makes-clear-doesnt-want-u23-football-club-fear/

Interesting read on Ostigard. Sounds like he has been a real hit with St Pauli and is attracting interest from bigger clubs. He isn’t keen on coming back to Brighton if it means falling back into the U23 side.

Suspect this means he’ll stay in Hamburg for the season and then maybe a championship loan next year? We really do seem to be the masters of bringing through centre backs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
http://sportwitness.co.uk/brighton-defender-makes-clear-doesnt-want-u23-football-club-fear/

Interesting read on Ostigard. Sounds like he has been a real hit with St Pauli and is attracting interest from bigger clubs. He isn’t keen on coming back to Brighton if it means falling back into the U23 side.

Suspect this means he’ll stay in Hamburg for the season and then maybe a championship loan next year? We really do seem to be the masters of bringing through centre backs.
Sounds fair enough - did he ever play for our U23s? I thought we lent him straight back to Molde when we signed him. Any idea what the standard is like in the German second division? Would a season in the Championship over here be about right for his progress?

..............Leeds might be needing a new CB...........

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Sounds fair enough - did he ever play for our U23s? I thought we lent him straight back to Molde when we signed him. Any idea what the standard is like in the German second division? Would a season in the Championship over here be about right for his progress?

..............Leeds might be needing a new CB...........

You’re getting him confused with Mathias Norman, who we sent back to Molde and then eventually sold on to Rostov. Since leaving, Normann is now a full Norway international and was linked with a move back to the PL in the summer - can’t win them all!

Ostigard was with the U23s last season (I think the whole season - I’m sure AZ will correct me if not), and started to build a very good reputation off the back of strong performances with Norway at one of the junior level world cups.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here