Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Boris Johnson, the new UK Prime Minister

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
no deckchairs, is basic economics. you cant reduce the debt until the deficit is removed and there is net surplus. ~50bn spent on interest, you dont think this would be better spent elsewhere?

Yes, probably on tax cuts for high earners..... sooner or later " Trickle Down " economics will work if we wait long enough.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Its ****ing mental that people still believe what these c**** tell us! What the f*** is wrong with you people? Why can't you see a lie when it's right in front of you!? Ffs its mind numbing how daft people are it really is

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Yes of course large parts of the city and newspaper owners are going to be 'afraid' of him. He's prepared to take them on. Unlike previous Labour regimes. And rightly so.

No one is going to end up dying or suffering as a result of his policies (unlike our current government). They may, however, have to put that second annual ski trip and holiday home in the Bahamas on hold...and that upsets them greatly and makes them hate him and want to destroy him. Greedy f*ckers that they are.

But he's also a pragmatist and a strategist, he's gained some allies in unexpected places.

'overthrow capitalism'? Yes in it's current out-of-control form. But that doesn't mean he's stalinist, despite what the gutter press will try and tell you. As any fool can see, the actual policies coming out of Labour are broadly centre left and mainly about rethinking ownership of capital and how to more fairly redistributing the rewards of capital vs labour. Hardly 'extreme' given that they are very popular with a majority across the country..

He has also understood - properly understood - what climate change means. And is not sticking his head in the sand like so many others on both right and left.
He's does likes to take the piss - as per the 'little red book' episode. Which may or may not have been wise.
I like the cut if your jib

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Can't wait to see these new 20k policemen we are getting , only one slight problem is that the Tories have closed and sold off plenty of police stations in the last 9 years so I wonder what the cost will be to reopen or build new ones ???
Work from home?

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I watched it too. The working class love a good sneer at the middle classes, despite the fact they pay for absolutely f*king everything in this country.

I picked up that show just as he was busy sneering at middle class people for doing what they felt they need to do to ensure their kids get places at the best schools. Apparently this is the middle class equivalent of benefit fraud. I'm not going to bother pointing out some of the glaring holes in the particular crappy argument.

Saw the comment about benefit fraud, all the parents were trying to get their kids into the best school, hardly comparable. There was nothing to stop the parents who live next to the school doing exactly what the so called middle class parents were doing, just how much priority you put on education...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Special moment of the week has to be the appointment of Jo Johnson

He tried to present himself as a Remainer hero for 5 minutes. He’s now been reappointed by his brother to his No Deal administration. Two charlatans bonded together by nepotism

Just waiting for Rachel to be give a special advisory role.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Personally I'm not rattled, I'm terrified. It's a right wing, populist takeover and nothing - the break up of The UK, economic, diplomatic, representational damage etc - can get in the way. Singapore model and finish off what Thatcher didn't, here we come.

If you're wealthy you'll be alright, if you're not - best of luck.

Guess the big question is whether the leading snake oil salesman from 2016 can get those less well to buy yet more snake oil. A lot of this will be about timing and whether you can point to blame at parliament and the EU at just the right time.

As for the break up of the UK, if there is no deal or a very hard Brexit it will happen. Then we really will have our country back...in 3 or 4 seperate pieces...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Even my mother-in-law (Tory party member most of her adult life, living very comfortably in leafy Surrey, staunch Telegraph-reader...), even she DESPISES Boris Johnson. A sample of one, I admit, but my faith in her politics has been (slightly) restored!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The 6 weeks plan for Bojo..

Setting the bar high enough for the renegotiation to fail, and then hope Parliament blocks No Deal. The perfect conditions for a Brexit general election in Sept/Oct.

The blame game has started, but will the British media call out the con for what it is?

junkoid

Nov 18, 2009
some of them hopefully.but society will not allow the death penalty back.

We have a new Home Secretary hugely in favour of it, a party driven by its need to ape ultra-right policies, and a largely right-wing press that have been hankering for it for 4 decades (Mail, Sun, Express, Telegraph). I expect the death penalty to be back inside 12 months. Oh and gay marriage to be re-outlawed, and abortions much harder to obtain. Breixit-means-Brexit-oh-and-also-means-a-massive-shift-to-populist-neo-fascist-government.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We have a new Home Secretary hugely in favour of it, a party driven by its need to ape ultra-right policies, and a largely right-wing press that have been hankering for it for 4 decades (Mail, Sun, Express, Telegraph). I expect the death penalty to be back inside 12 months. Oh and gay marriage to be re-outlawed, and abortions much harder to obtain. Breixit-means-Brexit-oh-and-also-means-a-massive-shift-to-populist-neo-fascist-government.

:laugh:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Special moment of the week has to be the appointment of Jo Johnson

He tried to present himself as a Remainer hero for 5 minutes. He’s now been reappointed by his brother to his No Deal administration. Two charlatans bonded together by nepotism

Just waiting for Rachel to be give a special advisory role.

Indeed. The over-privileged have no shame whatever in their sense of entitlement. I could also do with seeing less of Johnson senior in the media. Are we seeing the British toff version of the Trump family takeover?
What makes it worse is the criticism from the Brexiteers about the British 'Establishment' thwarting the will of the people (etc etc ad nauseam. These people are at the epicentre of the bloody Establishment!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here