Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert scores

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You have got no idea if he wanted to play for us again or not. Players have little say in it. Agents and clubs move players around like commodities.
They do the polite thing of saying they have always wanted to play for such & such a team, but that's just platitudes.

The way you posted it twice in CAPITALS says to me, you're having problems coping and have convinced yourself of his perfidy.

As an agent is in effect an employee of the player, I would suggest that the player has quite a say in where he plies his trade.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh god. Will people stop bleating on about Knockaert. He clearly wanted out or he wouldn’t have moved down a division. He’s a confidence player so guess what, he’ll be feeling loved right now and will play well.

Our loyalties lie with the club, not with a player so desperate to leave us that he took a backwards step.

Well yes, but that's not how it works. People will ALWAYS take an interest in our ex's, be they players or managers. Zamora being a prime example as he was still seen as 'our' Bobby and we wanted him to do well regardless of the fact he wasn't our player any more. Nathan Jones is always touted as a future manager, and people still post about Stockdale, Leon Knight, Mark McGhee, etc etc. Blimey, there was even a thread the other day telling us about the latest whereabouts of Doug Loft.

Just accept it and avoid the threads.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.theargus.co.uk/sport/17770019.amp/

“Graham Potter wants to keep Anthony Knockaert at Albion - but accepts it could be out of his hands.

Fulham have made contact with the Seagulls to register their interest in the French winger, although they have yet to make a formal offer.”

He has, post #59

Thank you.

That reads more like a monetary decision, imo. I wonder just how much influence Ashworth has. I'm always suspicious when too many suits get involved.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is this going to be like Barnes....every time he scores we will need to hear about it

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Not good enough for Championship Brighton, sold for 750k, why wouldn’t we want to hear he’s knocking in another goal in the PL?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
One free-kick against a League One side is a bit of an overreaction.

Thankfully the Championship starts in nine days. Then we can judge/win money on him getting a goal when he plays. I think he'll be around 8/1 for first goalscorer in most matches.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It would have been very easy for him to say a multitude of things to justify this u-turn. He could talk about reassurance s of a first team place. He could say he was managed out. Fact is the most emotional man in football has said nothing, has a massive smile on his face and a fat wallet. Fulham approached us about a first team player in a division above. If he didn’t want to go he could have laughed it off. We never transfer listed him.

Doesn’t that stink of a player wanting out? It seems to me that talk is cheap with Anthony

Most emotional bloke in football? Fat wallet? Easy for him to say? Talk is cheap?

We get it. You don't like the bloke and so post complete and utter shite to further your views.

He still is a Brighton player, on loan. Maybe he's got an ounce of loyalty to the club and so doesn't want to say. More than some fans (yes you) have on here for him and what he's done for this club.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Oh god. Will people stop bleating on about Knockaert. He clearly wanted out or he wouldn’t have moved down a division. He’s a confidence player so guess what, he’ll be feeling loved right now and will play well.

Our loyalties lie with the club, not with a player so desperate to leave us that he took a backwards step.

I quite like to follow our ex-players .... especially ones I rather liked. Doesn't mean I'm being disloyal.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Most emotional bloke in football? Fat wallet? Easy for him to say? Talk is cheap?

We get it. You don't like the bloke and so post complete and utter shite to further your views.

He still is a Brighton player, on loan. Maybe he's got an ounce of loyalty to the club and so doesn't want to say. More than some fans (yes you) have on here for him and what he's done for this club.

Nope. I like him, wish he had stayed. I was at Bristol City away and saw the team Knockaert celebration for the Sidwell goal. I was at Palace last season for that crazy celebration. I also saw that reckless red card against Bournemouth. We all heard his statements about staying forever. Name a more emotional player than AK.

He’s been a hero so no, I don’t dislike him but by god I’m bored of people lazily pointing the finger at Potter, Bloom et al when it certainly appears very clear to me that Knockaert himself is at the very least complicit in his departure and very probably the instigator

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nope. I like him, wish he had stayed. I was at Bristol City away and saw the team Knockaert celebration for the Sidwell goal. I was at Palace last season for that crazy celebration. I also saw that reckless red card against Bournemouth. We all heard his statements about staying forever. Name a more emotional player than AK.

He’s been a hero so no, I don’t dislike him but by god I’m bored of people lazily pointing the finger at Potter, Bloom et al when it certainly appears very clear to me that Knockaert himself is at the very least complicit in his departure and very probably the instigator

It's amazing but red cards for Duffy Dunk or Andone don't seem to attract the same level of condemnation.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Knockhaert had the ability to be a game changer for us; unfortunately, he was also mercurial and needed a lot of emotional support to deal with his personal demons.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's amazing but red cards for Duffy Dunk or Andone don't seem to attract the same level of condemnation.

I can't remember Dunk's but both Duffy and Andone's were 'iffy', esp when compared to both of Knockaert's reds which were violent outbursts bought on by frustration, with the worst part being they were both entirely predictable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here