Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter's style?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I was going back to those first few games and a collective WTF rising out the stands as everyone looked around them to see if everyone else was completely perplexed by our tactics. I don't even remember loads of attacking. I remember a lot of no player looking like they really knew what we were trying to do.

I really don't mind if Potter starts a bit more defensive than people think, or a bit more attacking, just please send the players out there looking like they know what they should be doing.

Ah, THAT'S what the Crawley match reminded me of!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And the football itself?

It it short passing possession based? High press? Or more of the same just a different formation?

Let's be honest now.

We have no idea. None. Fact

Exciting, isnt it!

I love your profile pic, by the way. Looks like a blues brothers version of Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull. Interestingly (to nobody) I was listening to this in the car this afternoon, on the way home from a lovely swim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFlq3zQhQ0

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I've been thinking about Crawley. Sanders movement and positional change in particular. And come up with this-
909fc3f0997558d3ce74baebb74ae846.jpg
There are 714 individual lines on this tactic board, and 3765 possible match day combinations. Each player can take one line at any time but any player can be moved lines at any moment. Entire playing staff currently learning tactic board by heart.
Sanders was fourth line down from the right, but moved to tenth line down from the left.

This is why we have behind closed doors fixtures....

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I can’t believe the first team have played so few friendlies , we have had a practise match in Austria , one against Fulham , where we have played separate teams in each halves .
Other teams are playing higher class opponents, and having more matches to get match fit and getting the team organised,
We did exactly the same thing last season and put in an awful performance against Watford, were we looked like a bunch of strangers and unfit , can see the same thing happening again this season ,
He does not even know his first team yet , and we have 2 matches before the season starts , one against a Championship team and a friendly against a team from Valencia ,
Fail to prepare then prepare to fail ,

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Don’t worry. Tony’s just giving the other teams a start. Probably to get the odds a bit higher before he lumps on a decent bet for survival

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I can’t believe the first team have played so few friendlies , we have had a practise match in Austria , one against Fulham , where we have played separate teams in each halves .
Other teams are playing higher class opponents, and having more matches to get match fit and getting the team organised,
We did exactly the same thing last season and put in an awful performance against Watford, were we looked like a bunch of strangers and unfit , can see the same thing happening again this season ,
He does not even know his first team yet , and we have 2 matches before the season starts , one against a Championship team and a friendly against a team from Valencia ,

Don't forget the Brighton XI away to Ebbsfleet on Friday night.

Yeah, ok, you have a good point there. When do we start getting invites to bizarrely named pre-season tournaments around the globe. It may be blatant money-making marketing nonsense, but they are matches against proper opposition.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I have to agree with this we do seem rather under cooked, hardly anyone has played much more than an hour in any game

Surely its get 70 mins of your main starting 11 in against Bham and then full games against Valencia.

We seem a game or 2 light for me.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I have to agree with this we do seem rather under cooked, hardly anyone has played much more than an hour in any game

Surely its get 70 mins of your main starting 11 in against Bham and then full games against Valencia.

We seem a game or 2 light for me.

Couple of games light, couple of squad places light, at least a couple of first team signings light...

Seems to be the running theme.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Other teams do seem to be playing high profile matches all the bloody time. Maybe it's just the media coverage over egging it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Other teams do seem to be playing high profile matches all the bloody time. Maybe it's just the media coverage over egging it.

If you were looking to invite Premier League clubs to a show tournament, who would be your very last pick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here