Page 107 of 115 FirstFirst ... 75797104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1148

0 Not allowed!
    Bit of a shame for Rashid being out without facing a ball!
    I haven't always followed the stripes. ||||

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Chopper View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's just my opinion, I am certainly not anti England cricket, but after that titanic battle from both sides it should have been left as a draw.
      No. Just no.
      I fully understand real England cricket fans would have been hugely disappointed, that is why they are claiming victory.
      What the actual ****? No, they are claiming victory because they won.

I feel exactly the same in a massive football game when a team wins on penalties, especially if they fluke the winning penalty, like slipping etc.
      Yeah I often feel gutted and hard-done-by in after football games (as is often the case when England lose). But I don't leave thinking the football should have been called a draw, that's just weird.

And I also thought that after probably the best cricket match of all time that England didn't go straight to the kiwis rather than whooping around Lords.
      I like to think I'd have been over to them fairly quickly, but then you and I haven't spent our careers training in the hope we achieve what they achieved that second. New Zealand needed 2 runs off the last ball to win the world cup. They were favourites at that point. Archer bowled well, Roy fielded well (unlike a couple of balls earlier) and threw perfectly. Buttler, full of nerves, collected the ball and hit the stumps perfectly. Their years of practice became worth it at that second, so it's understandable they celebrated for a minute before going to the Kiwis.

That's the sort of thing I expect from Aussies (who would have bowled the super over under arm) and Americans
      Oh please.
      Sorry, it's only my opinion, Cricket can be a draw and that was a draw.
      Thank you Chris, you're a legend.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      Yes, NZ got a massive stroke of luck in winning the toss but England got the rub of the green from then on (as Morgan admitted) so I think it was pretty even.
      Which is all that we've said. Overall, we weren't outrageously lucky. It was hard fought, and we won by the narrowest of margins.
      Last edited by Triggaaar; 17-07-2019 at 16:17.

2 Not allowed!
      Not when the worse team on the day fluked a draw.
      Getting a bit sick of the likes of Piers Morgan fawning over Stokes.
      It's the same when a football team wins on penalties, it's a draw, and England had some extraordinary luck in getting it too.
      Maybe sport isn't for you?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      No. Just no.
      What the actual ****? No, they are claiming victory because they won.

Yeah I often feel gutted and hard-done-by in after football games (as is often the case when England lose). But I don't leave thinking the football should have been called a draw, that's just weird.

I like to think I'd have been over to them fairly quickly, but then you and I haven't spent our careers training in the hope we achieve what they achieved that second. New Zealand needed 2 runs off the last ball to win the world cup. They were favourites at that point. Archer bowled well, Roy fielded well (unlike a couple of balls earlier) and threw perfectly. Buttler, full of nerves, collected the ball and hit the stumps perfectly. Their years of practice became worth it at that second, so it's understandable they celebrated for a minute before going to the Kiwis.

Oh please.
      First time on this thread when I've agreed with everything Triggaaar has said!

1 Not allowed!
      The ball runs along the ground many times in a game of Cricket, it doesn't often hit the bat of a player running between the wicket and trundle off for a four.
      Sorry, I did not even think about comparing you with Morgan, I am just sick of him thinking he won it.
      It's just my opinion, I am certainly not anti England cricket, but after that titanic battle from both sides it should have been left as a draw.
      I fully understand real England cricket fans would have been hugely disappointed, that is why they are claiming victory.
      I feel exactly the same in a massive football game when a team wins on penalties, especially if they fluke the winning penalty, like slipping etc.
      And I also thought that after probably the best cricket match of all time that England didn't go straight to the kiwis rather than whooping around Lords.
      That's the sort of thing I expect from Aussies (who would have bowled the super over under arm) and Americans
      Sorry, it's only my opinion, Cricket can be a draw and that was a draw.
      If you are talking sportsmanship, apparently Stokes asked the umpires to remove the 4 runs from hitting his bat, but they told him that was the rules and there was nothing they could do.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...tory-qzdd8j5bv
      Politicians and diapers should be changed often and for the same reason

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by maltaseagull View Post
      If you are talking sportsmanship, apparently Stokes asked the umpires to remove the 4 runs from hitting his bat, but they told him that was the rules and there was nothing they could do.
      And Chopper has the audacity to compare them with the Aussies
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I wouldn't have minded if NZ had won after 50 overs because they were only 8 wickets down and England were all out

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jabba View Post
      I wouldn't have minded if NZ had won after 50 overs because they were only 8 wickets down and England were all out
      Even that doesn’t follow for me as if we knew that was the case we wouldn’t have had those last two run outs.
      ""Football. F***ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive ********."

0 Not allowed!
      I’ve just watched that final ball again and again and again. Without doubt the most incredible end to any tournament, ever. 3 days on and I still can’t believe it!