Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jesus wept, there's impatience and then there's this post:-

I agree, I thought after Trossard's first few games he could turn into the new Eden Hazard, (a tad over the top perhaps), but on his day, and when in the mood, he can be quite brilliant.

Unfortunately however, those days seem to be far too few in number.

Squad: 23
Starting eleven: 14
Substituted in: 7
Played a full game: 7
On the bench: 2
Suspended: 0
Injured: 4

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I agree, I thought after Trossard's first few games he could turn into the new Eden Hazard, (a tad over the top perhaps), but on his day, and when in the mood, he can be quite brilliant.

Unfortunately however, those days seem to be far too few in number.

Trossard's been thrice as prolific as Hazard so far this season...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Jesus wept, there's impatience and then there's this post:-

Squad: 23
Starting eleven: 14
Substituted in: 7
Played a full game: 7
On the bench: 2
Suspended: 0
Injured: 4

Considering he was somewhat of a '' Marquis Signing'' at one time ''Record Signing'' it hasn't taken him long to be displaced in the Starting Line Up as a regular starter

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Torssard has that in his locker and more but he is so lightweight and not sure on his work ethic.

Luxery player yes , someone you need in a dogfight- to be convinced

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Considering he was somewhat of a '' Marquis Signing'' at one time ''Record Signing'' it hasn't taken him long to be displaced in the Starting Line Up as a regular starter
The attacking unit hasn't had a starting line up to be displaced from.

The days of an identical team doing exactly the same before being subbed off on the 65th minute are long gone.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The attacking unit hasn't had a starting line up to be displaced from.The days of an identical team doing exactly the same before being subbed off on the 65th minute are long gone.

Personally, I have a view on that as well but possibly best left unsaid

Knockaert and Trossard are both the type of player will divide opinion amongst fans and pundits alike. We just differ on our views and not likely to agree on so I will refrain from the debate any further. For me the Jury is out on Trossard. For you, no doubt you see his merits clearer than I do. That's life and that's why these debates are to be had.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Personally, I have a view on that as well but possibly best left unsaid

Knockaert and Trossard are both the type of player will divide opinion amongst fans and pundits alike. We just differ on our views and not likely to agree on so I will refrain from the debate any further. For me the Jury is out on Trossard. For you, no doubt you see his merits clearer than I do. That's life and that's why these debates are to be had.

Fair enough.

For me there's a huge difference between the 'jury being out' and 'not as good as' or too many 'not his day' games'.

The jury's out is very much the correct position to be on a player who has only been in the squad for just 23 games and only started 14.

My jury would still be out too (favouring a positive result) were it not for him being dragged into the history rewrite of AK.

As said earlier there's far to many positives about AK, so I have no idea for the need to turn him into a player he (sadly) wasn't, as it eventually gets twats like me having to say 'hang on a minute, rein it in a bit'.

Oh and talking of twats like me.
I'd like you to know it took about 5 minutes but I did eventually realise my previous post was disingenuous and wrong, I was looking for cheap points, and very much looking in the wrong place - sorry.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Fair enough.

For me there's a huge difference between the 'jury being out' and 'not as good as' or too many 'not his day' games'.

The jury's out is very much the correct position to be on a player who has only been in the squad for just 23 games and only started 14.

My jury would still be out too (favouring a positive result) were it not for him being dragged into the history rewrite of AK.

As said earlier there's far to many positives about AK, so I have no idea for the need to turn him into a player he (sadly) wasn't, as it eventually gets twats like me having to say 'hang on a minute, rein it in a bit'.

Oh and talking of twats like me.
I'd like you to know it took about 5 minutes but I did eventually realise my previous post was disingenuous and wrong, I was looking for cheap points, and very much looking in the wrong place - sorry.

No apology needed Buddy

I didn't think anything untoward. So all good at my end

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Moreso, Knocky scored 5 goals and 7 assists in 4,256 PL minutes over those 2 seasons. Trossard has so far scored 3 and 4 assists in 1,271 PL minutes this season.

That's almost exactly twice the scoring and assist rate!

I'm a big fan of Knocky, but that is an intriguing stat!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Playing in a team that is struggling a bit at a higher level, against top class opposition, and playing at a lower level for a team that's near the top of the division, and you think that's an equal comparison?

Wow..................

Looking forward to your opinion on trossard today [emoji23]along with March woeful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not only that but the 99 failed attempts required to produce that one piece of glorious magic.

That'll be 99 misses of a positive pass.
99 returning the ball back to the opposition.
&
99 frustrations leading to an inevitable red card.
Meanwhile March and trossard tear up the prem [emoji23]you want to go to a game you might see it different

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Knockaert has more capability than anyone we have. However he acts like a child so..

So I would still take that everyday over what we have be aside of what he’s got in his locker . You really think you are going to see Solly cut inside and curl o e into the top corner never . I agree knocky kept losing the ball but at least he was driving forward most of the time

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Meanwhile March and trossard tear up the prem [emoji23]you want to go to a game you might see it different

Yeah you're right, AK has never played a Premier League game which has been all huff and puff with none product.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah you're right, AK has never played a Premier League game which has been all huff and puff with none product.

..... and, of course, the longer he's not playing for the Albion, the better he gets! He'll be able to oust Messi from Barcelona by the time the season ends!

If only we could bring back all the players we've moved on we'd be unstoppable, right? :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here