Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
#together not just being corporate bollocks. What a time to be an Albion fan

Ah well. Players move on, but if Knocky plays up against us and is subbed off, i'll be giving him a huge clap off the pitch .... assuming we can get in a stadium anytime soon

This, with bells on

How do you guys feel about the squad now? They seem to get on, they seem decent, they seem a good bunch. But the pinnacle of Albion squads has to be that promotion season and the season before (Calde) etc. Loved the Poyet promotion squad too (Bridcutt Benno etc) but there was something very special about those lads of 3 years ago. Sure, winning loads and success helps. It’s a weird one as I don’t wanna dismiss the great team ethic of current players like Maty and Neal etc...

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Were his off pitch misdemeanours were bigger reasons for him being offloaded on loan rather than not suiting GP’s style of play? He certainly wouldn’t have been any worse performance wise than our other wide players this season and I’d rather him on the bench than March or Jahanbaksh (pre lockdown).
Yes was/is stroppy at times but committed to the team once he’d snapped out of it.
I’ll miss him

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
suspect he could tell from the training that wide players not going to figure much in what must have been a 5-3-2 set up most of last summer - and thus made the decision himself, am sure he would have known Fulham were after him if he ever wanted to leave

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Some of the best games at the Amex involved AK storming down the wing. Happy memories. Best of luck to him.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Welcome back anytime, just so that we can replay his winner at Palace at HT.

During his time with us, the good memories far outweigh the bad ones, but squad evolution is always present.

Given we had to play two players out of position on the wing the other night, I’d have him back

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Totally agree with you on Knocky.

Yes, he didn't tear up the Premier League in the same way as the Championship, but i'm not seeing any of our other options do any better. Hopefully in time they will.

Knocky will always be a club legend to me and I don't use that term lightly

Absolutely my feeling too.

Hugely exciting to watch in the Championship and think he was pretty much doomed to failure in the Premier League given Hughton’s tactics and the quality of the team around him at that time.

Still think he could do a job in the Premier League but too late for us now......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Loved watching him play when he was good. When he got wound up he was a liability. Still, much rather have football with people like him around - the passion, though tempered with occasional clear thought which he sometimes lacked, is one of the things that makes going to matches such fun.

This. I used to love watching him bust a blood vessel on the pitch, getting angry at the crowd, going mental when he scored - and generally looking like he really, really cared. I'll miss him dearly for his character, but I realise we have higher ambitions.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Interesting there’s a lot of fans there saying to get Hughton in.

I think most fans of most Championship clubs would be delighted to get Hughton. And Fulham is perhaps one of the few Championship clubs where the fans could realistically see it happening.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
By the time he lefy long had gone days when he passed defender on both sides and often drove into box. Had become predictable by always stopping and crossing inside Enjoyed watching him when at height

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We had best of him £10m great price. Lets do same with a few others to increase our transfer kitty

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Pretty sure Fulham’s promotion to the PL would have triggered some fee add ons for us . Knocks back in the PL & more money for our transfer kitty so good news all around . Ps still don’t think he’s good enough consistently to play in the PL .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pretty sure Fulham’s promotion to the PL would have triggered some fee add ons for us . Knocks back in the PL & more money for our transfer kitty so good news all around . Ps still don’t think he’s good enough consistently to play in the PL .

I don’t think he’s good enough either. But, he has another chance to prove us wrong.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn’t se the Knocky of old last night and other times I’ve watched him recently. Still think we should’ve kept him though. But hope I’m wrong.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Didn’t se the Knocky of old last night and other times I’ve watched him recently. Still think we should’ve kept him though. But hope I’m wrong.

I've seen some of Fulham's last two games. Knockaert gave the ball away a lot in the SF second leg, and looked as though he'd lost a yard of his pace last night.
I'd be delighted if he could prove his doubters wrong next season. Specifically when playing against Leeds, Villa and Palace.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bruno always got the best out of Knocky down that right side, they were a terrific combo.

Fulham will need better than Knocky down that side next season. Another couple of years older, and he wasn't really up to it last time round.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bruno always got the best out of Knocky down that right side, they were a terrific combo.

Fulham will need better than Knocky down that side next season. Another couple of years older, and he wasn't really up to it last time round.

Fulham will be looking to survive their first season, nothing more. Knocky was good enough to be part of the Albion side that stayed up, twice. He didn't tear up the division, but he did alright. He'll be good enough for a team aiming to finish 17th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here