Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockaert joins Fulham on initial one-year loan

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
A bit sad to hear this but it's been on the cards. I think that the club had made a decision about Knocky before the end of last season. Maybe after the Bournemouth sending off.
From what I've seen of the way Potter likes his teams to play, he's more of a fan of an inside forward than an out and out winger, and quick passing.
I'm also pretty sure that this move was pretty much done a few days ago and so I'm hoping that to soften the blow we bring in a decent first team contender in the next 24-48 hours.
What is clear is that the finances of the club are being well managed....we arent letting a player on c£45k per week sit on the subs bench. Sentiment is ok with fans but not with the men in charge at the club. We don't want to be making the same mistakes we did in the early eighties.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Love it how fans assume the club don't know what they are doing? Tony Bloom has been spending a fortune bringing in some of the best but they don't know what they are doing?
Thankfully Tony Bloom is running the club. AK can be unplayable-sometimes. Not that often in the PL unfortunately. To be a successful club in the PL unpopular decisions sometimes have to be made as Ferguson showed us. If Bloom, Ashworth and Potter are happy with this deal then so am I.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
A bit sad to hear this but it's been on the cards. I think that the club had made a decision about Knocky before the end of last season. Maybe after the Bournemouth sending off.
From what I've seen of the way Potter likes his teams to play, he's more of a fan of an inside forward than an out and out winger, and quick passing.
I'm also pretty sure that this move was pretty much done a few days ago and so I'm hoping that to soften the blow we bring in a decent first team contender in the next 24-48 hours.
What is clear is that the finances of the club are being well managed....we arent letting a player on c£45k per week sit on the subs bench. Sentiment is ok with fans but not with the men in charge at the club. We don't want to be making the same mistakes we did in the early eighties.

Strange comment... Knocky is much more of an inside forward than an out and out winger :shrug:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
GP said it’s a good move for AK and the club, so clearly he was happy for Knocky to go. We must trust in the club!

I think once Hughton left, the writing was on the wall.

Good player, but troublesome, and whilst Hughton was in too deep, Graham can get rid, and he has.

Once of the best performers I’ve seen put on an Albion shirt. Genuinely I love him, and I wish him the best.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
A lot of competition, what a bunch of horse shit, competition maybe but it’s not exactly high quality is it. Alireza is utter **** :lol:

Would have been a sensible move to see if he could cut it at another club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I am astonished and absolutely gutted that my favourite player of recent years has left the club. Personally I think he and Mitriovic should be playing up front for the Albion, not Fulham, but we'll see what the new manager and the new season brings

Mitriovic and Knocky both have a lot in common.... too good for the championship, not good enough for the Premiership

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Newcastle are just replacing Rondon.

Sheffield are 3 years behind us, And have only spent £10m more than us this summer.

Burnley have only spent £5.9m. If we had done the same you'd be even more worried than you are now.

Sorry, you seem to be posting as if you know my thoughts?

Burnley have a better squad than us, they’ve signed two seasoned Premier League players, financial out lay is irrelevant.

Sheff Utd have improved their squad, including a shrewd free transfer in Jagielka.

Newcastle finished above us last season, they’ve lost two strikers are buying one at least, not sure that makes their squad as weak as ours.

As it stands our squad is actually weaker than the one that finished last season.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sad to see him leave but good luck Knocky we know you will be a success at Fulham. It was great to see you play especially the goal against our rivals. You will always hold a special place in our hearts.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Going to miss his flair but the other side of the coin is that if I had to pick a team for him to go to it would be Fulham. Love going to Craven Cottage and hope their fans enjoy his play as much as most of us have.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Mitriovic and Knocky both have a lot in common.... too good for the championship, not good enough for the Premiership

And Ali J, Locadia and Izquierdo ARE good enough?

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Great memories!

Fave home goal was the one against Sheff Wed when down to 10 men (AK got on the on Pocognoli's cross to win the game)

Fave away goal of course was last season to win the game at Selhurst!

Good luck Anthony - hope you have a great time tearing up the Championship!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A lot of competition, what a bunch of horse shit, competition maybe but it’s not exactly high quality is it. Alireza is utter **** :lol:

Done well though to be fair. Made a judgement based on pre-season training and 45 mins..... oh and videos

Normally takes NSC at least 2 games and YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
A great player on his day, tenacious and skilful. The memory of his goal of the season seen from among the Palace fans will live long! Merci et bonne chance Anthony!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here