Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is this the slowest transfer window yet?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
From our perspective, other than Trossard and Clarke, I wouldn't expect any incomings for at least a fortninght now to enable GP to get through the week in Austria and then have some time to assess whats he's seen and decide where to strenghen further based on his views.
Personally I think we'll have been working on getting signings from before the window opened, and will be continuing all the time. I'd also think that a central defender and winger were not our top priorities, they were just the ones that came available. So as Potter won't have looked at our squad and said 'we need another central defender', we won't need him to ask for another striker, we'll be trying to get one anyway.

His view on where we're lacking may well lead to some tweaks with our recruitment, but if we don't get someone in the next couple of weeks, it won't be because we're not trying.

All IMO of course.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Personally I think we'll have been working on getting signings from before the window opened, and will be continuing all the time. I'd also think that a central defender and winger were not our top priorities, they were just the ones that came available. So as Potter won't have looked at our squad and said 'we need another central defender', we won't need him to ask for another striker, we'll be trying to get one anyway.

His view on where we're lacking may well lead to some tweaks with our recruitment, but if we don't get someone in the next couple of weeks, it won't be because we're not trying.

All IMO of course.

Spot on IMHO...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
If my calculations are correct, there has only been a total of 37 transfers so far into Premier League teams and with the window closing on the 8th August this year, I find that a little surprising, with clubs getting near pre season preparations

Villa have spent 79 million pounds so far in this window....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes, I think they are the most busy club so far in this window, they are almost replicating Huddersfield's first season

Or Fulham last season (I hope)...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is this the slowest transfer window yet?

If my calculations are correct

Must be some kind of time vortex
hqdefault.jpg

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
In honesty don't you think he has watched DVDs, analysed games, etc and done his homework well before now? Bielsa the Leeds boss last year had watched and analysed hundreds of games before he even met his players to give him clear direction on what was needed...I doubt potter has left it until now to have a look at the players...that would put us miles behind the transfer process.

(I thought whole point of him appointed so early on was to enable the squad recruitment etc not to sit on hands until late July....)

He may have had to wait to see the U23's as there's no footage from any premier league games that show them in action

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
He may have had to wait to see the U23's as there's no footage from any premier league games that show them in action

Seeing as the academy video the matches of every team from under 9s upwards I'd be amazed if they didn't also film the under 23s matches.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Seeing as the academy video the matches of every team from under 9s upwards I'd be amazed if they didn't also film the under 23s matches.

It's not the same as a competitive premier league match

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Selling clubs are asking silly prices, so it’s a game of cat and mouse. In the end, they will sell.

But I hope we’re not too tight on the fee and wage, as others will gazump. In which case we will be totally reliant on Graham Potter to get our RB to learn how to defend, make Propper and Gross pacey athletes, hope that Muzza doesn’t finally hit the age wall and turn Bissouma into the finished PL product overnight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here