[News] Woman indicted for manslaughter for being shot in the stomach

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Try this one:-

[tweet]1139331253327413249[/tweet]

NSFW language - from the police.

Remember reading this one at the time (and the other about the trash too) and associated articles discussing them and having to stop after a while as just get a build up of mostly impotent rage regarding how out of order some law enforcement is in the US and how rarely any of it gets punished.

edit: it seems from some of the abuse of power and firearms stories that the some of the people (not by any means all) being given badges and guns (especially in remoter locations) are amongst the very last people who should have them imo.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Ok thats good. And you are correct the "Lawa" is both scary and stupid. And when you get away from the main line places and go to the more remote spots it can get a bit like the movie "Deliverance" I note from the old lady video that a she was Syrian and had very little English skills and that it happened in Clarksville, which is in North Georgia ...moonshine country. :hilton: I note from Wiki it has population of only 1800 so not much happens there! And a lady mayor who replaced the previous one who died of a "self inflicted gun shot wound". He was probably looking down the barrel when he asked himself "what does this trigger thing do?" :facepalm:

Quoting my own post. :facepalm:
Turns out the old lady incident was from August last year and in Chatsworth GA which is near the Tennessee state line so again "Deliverance" country . The cops were investigated, not sure what happened.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Imagine hating women so much you'd charge them with the crime of being shot.

In some of the super weird states/counties, they will do anything to ensure a child is born, once it is conceived. I won't be surprised when they start charging pregnant women who eat junk food, or drink, etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No doubt she’ll get one of their 3000 year sentences...go figure as they say! Not sure I’ll ever visit the States again, been boycotting since Trump took power. Shame because I like a lot about and still have places I’d like to see but it’s a big world and plenty else to visit!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I can keep going if you like:-

That's not too bad IMO, because the officer started by being polite, then broke some rules and started being a tw@, and then had to resign because of his actions. At least his actions were dealt with.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's not too bad IMO, because the officer started by being polite, then broke some rules and started being a tw@, and then had to resign because of his actions. At least his actions were dealt with.

He started by politely breaking the law and kept double downing on it.
Having been sacked he'll only have his salary for another 8 months.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's a ****ing 13-year-old kid, on the street with an AR15! He doesn't have any practice shooting it, but he does feel he's in a position of responsibility for the safety of the public around him. This is a wind-up, right? Where's Jeremy Beadle?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's a ****ing 13-year-old kid, on the street with an AR15! He doesn't have any practice shooting it, but he does feel he's in a position of responsibility for the safety of the public around him. This is a wind-up, right? Where's Jeremy Beadle?

I love the way it ends:-

'You're standing here like John Wick and you want more rights?' :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He started by politely breaking the law and kept double downing on it.
But since he lost his job over it, it's not exactly a big deal is it. Policeman breaks the law, loses his job, no one gets hurt or wrongfully detained. If poor policing is reduced to that, then things are looking good.

Having been sacked he'll only have his salary for another 8 months.
So what? Easier than a legal case that will look at whether or not his training was adequate and cost a lot more than his salary.

D

Deleted member 22389

Let's get something in to perspective, there are 330M living in the US, so your always going to get incidents of shit policing somewhere along the line. What I am bothered about is the number of stabbings in this country, it's not good.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's get something in to perspective, there are 330M living in the US, so your always going to get incidents of shit policing somewhere along the line. What I am bothered about is the number of stabbings in this country, it's not good.

And you’re always going to get incidents of shit grammar.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Yet the number of people killed or maimed by cars far, far, far outweighs the number of stab victims.

Obviously I'm not going diminish those that have died.
But I'll hazard a guess if I'd asked you to provide a number for these stabbings you'd have gone considerably higher than 100, with the 'record' last year being 285.

I feel harmless Unkie Don has rather blinkered your opinion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48186035

and for perspective:-

Statistics on reported road casualties in Great Britain for the year ending June 2018 shows, there were:

1,770 reported road deaths

https://www.gov.uk/government/stati...n-provisional-estimates-year-ending-june-2018

Granted the stabbing are only England and Wales while road fatalities are all of the UK.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

The murder rate in this country is about a fifth of the murder rate in the US. To give it a European perspective, we're 18th in the European table - just behind France and Belgium

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I can keep going if you like:-

"Put it down, I'm telling you I'm threatened by it," says the man armed with a gun :facepalm::facepalm:

Also, the state of the number of cops in the scene!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Remember reading this one at the time (and the other about the trash too) and associated articles discussing them and having to stop after a while as just get a build up of mostly impotent rage regarding how out of order some law enforcement is in the US and how rarely any of it gets punished.

edit: it seems from some of the abuse of power and firearms stories that the some of the people (not by any means all) being given badges and guns (especially in remoter locations) are amongst the very last people who should have them imo.

from following a few stories on the nutter web (guilty pleasure), it seems usually incidents do get investigated, prosecuted and people resign, sacked or go to jail. the problem is the fear instilled in citizens that it may happen to them, so they fear the police. and it doesnt help the cases where the officer does open fire. its quite interesting because both left and right wings are agitated. maybe one day such an incident will bring the country together.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why are you so rude

Rude? I used your exact language back to you pointing out there’s a grammatical error. I was not trying to be rude. Funny and smart arsed yes, rude no. Apologies if you felt I was.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No it's not good, but it's got nothing to do with this thread. Unless you're trying to suggest we shouldn't be complaining about the US, when it's worse here, in which case you're wrong. The US has worse knife crime than we do, and that's on top of their horrendous gun crime statistics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here