Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Mark Field

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Why way over the top? She could have have been armed and she's made her way into a private event uninvited, clearly security has failed and he's protecting the Minister? Nothing to see. move on.

So it's self defence right? Interesting that of the dozens of other people in the room, none of them perceived the protestor as a threat, (clue, they're sat there with there arms crossed), so I suspect any self defence claim is going to fall rather flat he's toast.

Sometimes I think people watch too much James Bond, in real life armed bad guys don't tend to wait around scratching their arse until some middle aged super hero takes them down. They shoot people.

D

Deleted member 2719

Apparently last month Mark Field made a speech at a Westminster Hall Debate decrying the use of violence against peaceful female protesters. So he's a hypocrite.

And he has referred himself to the Cabinet Office for investigation and apologised to the woman concerned, so he knows he's wrong evening you and most other people on here don't.

I just wonder where she was supposed to be hiding an AK47 in flimsy red dress.

Have you ever heard of fight or flight?

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-the-fight-or-flight-response-2795194

I have always had the fight response when threatened its nature, she knew the risks and should have understood, she could have got hurt, she didn't, so she was lucky.

Mark Field should be a hero, the man/woman thing really doesn't come into the equation.

Attachments

• Fight or Flight.PNG
    Fight or Flight.PNG
    595.5 KB · Views: 250

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Genuinely worrying how so many people seem to have no problem with a senior politician assaulting an unarmed woman.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

I have always had the fight response when threatened its nature, she knew the risks and should have understood, she could have got hurt, she didn't, so she was lucky.

Mark Field should be a hero, the man/woman thing really doesn't come into the equation.

Seriously?
His reaction was not normal and certainly not heroic.
You thinking it was tells us a bit about you though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The opening clip shows the very epitome of a frightened man taking action! The woman doesn't even try to fight back.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So it's self defence right? Interesting that of the dozens of other people in the room, none of them perceived the protestor as a threat, (clue, they're sat there with there arms crossed), so I suspect any self defence claim is going to fall rather flat he's toast.

Sometimes I think people watch too much James Bond, in real life armed bad guys don't tend to wait around scratching their arse until some middle aged super hero takes them down. They shoot people.

People react differently to events based on training and previous experience. Personally I feel if you gate crash an event and advance towards a stage it's naive to think you'll not be stopped in some way.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
His apology says it all, doesn't it? He shouldn't have done it, he therefore says, meaning he acted incorrectly. He wasn't being heroic. He was clearly riled at the thought of interruption and decided to irkedly bring about a small piece of justice.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Man in a position where he is expected to not resort to physical force at the first signs of trouble and instead use reason and debate, frogmarches woman by the neck from room. Next day realises what a prick he has been and refers himself to the Cabinet Office.

That's about the strength of it.

Probably needs anger management help.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Legitimate protest at a gathering of politicians, businessmen and gentry. All there on the taxpayers shilling, discussing OUR economy. They have every right to a peaceful protest.
This Field character used excessive force, arguably criminal force and should be ashamed of himself.
Brave woman. Walking into a room dominated by upper class, male, Tory twonks to protest to save OUR planet. I salute her.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

What a strange post. I think most people are aware of the fight or flight response to threat.

I personally have never felt threatened enough to launch into fight mode every time a lady brushes past the back of my chair. Can you imagine the carnage in theatres and restaurants!

I would suggest that any male who resorts to fighting when feeling mild threat from a female is not the big rufty tufty “real man” you are clearly trying to present yourself as but instead, something of a coward who bafflingly finds it acceptable to launch a woman out of a room by her neck after pushing her into a pillar.

If that that had happened to your wife or daughter you’d be the first to scream “assault”.

Trained security professionals would not have reacted like that and nor should he.
Anyway this wasn’t “fight or flight” it was attack and I should like to see his hands cut off. Hang him from Tower Bridge.

Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Very restrained response.I'd have ripped her nostrils open with a boathook (c.Monty Python).:)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well done Mark Field he should be congratulated on what could have been a nasty scenario, did he know she wasn't a jo brand type ready to throw acid from her handbag? He didn't punch her or smash her against a wall, he just protected everyone in the room by manhandling her fairly out of the room.

She was an intruder.

If someone busted into my party the same would be done.

If Corbyn had done exactly the same ( not that he would) your response would have been the exact opposite.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Mouldy Boots on a comedian making a joke and then qualifying it was a joke :

Brands comments were incitement of the highest order, it was suggesting it's great to maim someone you dislike for life and also insults all the people who have had an acid melt and distort their faces and vision for life.
Anyone backing her is sick unless you sad enough to let unnecessarily violence and politics mix together of course.

I sent a complaint to the BBC on this matter just to get a typical corporate bullshite back from them, which Of course you cannot reply on.

Mouldy Boots on man shoving female peaceful protester into wall and marching her out forcibly by the neck :

Well done Mark Field he should be congratulated on what could have been a nasty scenario, did he know she wasn't a jo brand type ready to throw acid from her handbag? He didn't punch her or smash her against a wall, he just protected everyone in the room by manhandling her fairly out of the room.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mouldy Boots on a comedian making a joke and then qualifying it was a joke :

Mouldy Boots on man shoving female peaceful protester into wall and marching her out forcibly by the neck :

I find his him a fairly amusing poster. His ultra- aggressive online persona genuinely tickles me. Yes, he amuses me but let’s be very clear, he is always, without exception, wrong about everything.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
D9kzxg2WwAAzuBj.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Hopefully someone keeps a closer eye on his wife now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here