Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tudor Baluta

PersianNYer15

Jul 25, 2018
New York/New Jersey
A Romanian Football Twitter account is claiming the loan includes a right to buy for 5m Euros???

Any idea what Albion bought him for? While 5 mil might be a nice return on investment assuming they didn’t spend more than a mil or 2 on him, I think his potential is much higher. This loan will be good for him - he gets to play in a fairly respectable/big club in Dynamo and gets to play in the Europa league. Let’s see how he fares.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Any idea what Albion bought him for? While 5 mil might be a nice return on investment assuming they didn’t spend more than a mil or 2 on him, I think his potential is much higher. This loan will be good for him - he gets to play in a fairly respectable/big club in Dynamo and gets to play in the Europa league. Let’s see how he fares.

Reported at the time as 3million euros (which, at the prevailing exchange rate, was £2.6million).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ha just the other day I saw his name pop up on a random old thread - I'd forgotten all about the lad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He seems to have only played three times for Kyiv. Bit of a pointless loan.
Since we bought him (allegedly for three million euros) he's only played 16 league matches (eleven of those when we lent him back to Viitorul Constanța for a half season after we bought him!) Injuries nave robbed him of game time at Dynamo Kyiv - but not just injuries; he's been left out of the squad at times as well.
Either a season at one of our feeder clubs (Hibs or USG) or offski in the summer I reckon - which will be another 3 million Euros plus wages down the drain I reckon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I’m loving this ‘feeder club’ strategy but I think we need another to make it three.

I’d really like us to get a Championship club. At first I thought Forest but that’s where we send them after they’ve had their best years.

So perhaps Tony could buy Coventry?

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/s...-city-transfers-christian-walton-20618487.amp
Interesting - they want Ostigard as well, according to that source (and a few others). Walton, I think it is time to move him on, but I think Ostigard may be ready for us in another season's time. We can't let them both go for nothing, can we?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Perhaps if you're naughty you get sent to Hibs, but if you're nice you can go to USG.

Guessing you haven't lived in Edinburgh? It's a fabulous city, and thanks to the gulf stream (though less effective on the east coast than the west) almost certainly warmer than Brussels. Brussels has better trams - and that's about it.

Perhaps we could facilitate European football for both clubs? - a home and away play off to see who gets the pick of Brighton's youngsters for a season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Guessing you haven't lived in Edinburgh? It's a fabulous city, and thanks to the gulf stream (though less effective on the east coast than the west) almost certainly warmer than Brussels. Brussels has better trams - and that's about it.

Perhaps we could facilitate European football for both clubs? - a home and away play off to see who gets the pick of Brighton's youngsters for a season.

The language barrier is insurmountable.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The language barrier is insurmountable.

Not really - most Belgians speak French, Dutch and German as a matter of course, and English on a great many cases. English being a common tongue for much of the world, much to the chagrin of the French. Even in spite of the 'Auld Alliance', French won't get you far in a bar in Leith.
With 'Geez a pin' eh hevvie son' you might just get away without the locals detecting that you are English and disemboweling you. Alternatively in Leith you could try, "Hello chaps, anyone else support the Jam Tarts in here?" to experience the full warmth of Scottish hospitality ........................................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here