Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 102
  1. #71
    Members GT49er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Gloucester
    Posts
    24,612


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by b.w.2. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, you clearly need to wake up and understand what my Hoorah was about...
    Not really, if neither of your accounts can express themselves clearly enough. Perhaps B.W.3 could do a better job?

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #72
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Posts
      1,772


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not really, if neither of your accounts can express themselves clearly enough. Perhaps B.W.3 could do a better job?
      Right, for the hard of understanding, there are too many melts on here who still don’t understand why Chris got sacked. My Hoorah was rejoicing in your enlightenment and definitely NOT in Chris’s plight. As you say, he is a great manager and a great man. I respect all the great work he did for us. However, for about the last 6 months of his tenure our performances and results were appalling and he just had to go... keep up at the back...


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...
    • #73
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      25,753


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The player recruitment hand that Hughton was dealt left him on a hiding to nothing. As GP will shortly discover, if he's forced to work with largely the same Group Of Players.
      I think you’re on the right lines.

      But some others rate Locadia, Propper and Jahanbakhsh as premier quality stars, quality footballers with pace, held back by CH.
    • #74
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      55,594


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think you’re on the right lines.

      But some others rate Locadia, Propper and Jahanbakhsh as premier quality stars, quality footballers with pace, held back by CH.
      I guess we'll find out soon enough, now that they've all apparently been 'unshackled', to quote this close season's gormless buzzword
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
    • #75
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      25,753


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I guess we'll find out soon enough, now that they've all apparently been 'unshackled', to quote this close season's gormless buzzword
      That’s my thinking. Come next May, all given a second chance under a coach with different tactics, we will definitivlely know which players are good enough to be in a mid table (hopefully) PL first team.
    • #76
      Mon nez est in pre-season Knocky's Nose's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Location
      Eastbourne
      Posts
      2,484


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think you’re on the right lines.

      But some others rate Locadia, Propper and Jahanbakhsh as premier quality stars, quality footballers with pace, held back by CH.
      I've not really seen too many glimmers from 'skip-legs' and AJ, but I've seen Propper be absolutely imperious in one or two games, so I believe he has the potential.

      I'd be genuinely delighted if all of a sudden the squad was hit by a lightning bolt of belief, confidence and new-found skill.
      Ce Qui Donne?
    • #77
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      25,753


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Knocky's Nose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I've not really seen too many glimmers from 'skip-legs' and AJ, but I've seen Propper be absolutely imperious in one or two games, so I believe he has the potential.

      I'd be genuinely delighted if all of a sudden the squad was hit by a lightning bolt of belief, confidence and new-found skill.
      Probably, some will make it, some will fall by the wayside.

      Our centre midfield, strikers and some of our wingers, patently lacked pace at PL level. We were such a slow team in attack. To end that, I can’t see both Gross and Propper being in our first 11, otherwise it’s more of the same. Perhaps Propper can take that ‘no 10’ role held by Gross?
    • #78

      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I guess we'll find out soon enough, now that they've all apparently been 'unshackled', to quote this close season's gormless buzzword
      I appreciate you don't agree with CHs sacking, but do you honestly think his system suited any of the attack minded players we have?

      Personally I just want the fun of going to football to be returned. It had totally gone under CH for me (and many others) as we showed almost no attacking intent for all but about 5 games last season. None of our players will turn into world beaters because we're simply not buying at that level, even if they are "unshackled". But I genuinely believe that there are players who would suit a more offensive mindset. Obviously the impact of that is that we'll probably concede more, and ultimately we'll still lose more games than we win as that's the nature of the beast, but personally I'd prefer that unpredictability and excitement over the borefest we've been served for the last two years, the odd moment aside.
    • #79
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      25,753


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sussex_guy2k2 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I appreciate you don't agree with CHs sacking, but do you honestly think his system suited any of the attack minded players we have?

      Personally I just want the fun of going to football to be returned. It had totally gone under CH for me (and many others) as we showed almost no attacking intent for all but about 5 games last season. None of our players will turn into world beaters because we're simply not buying at that level, even if they are "unshackled". But I genuinely believe that there are players who would suit a more offensive mindset. Obviously the impact of that is that we'll probably concede more, and ultimately we'll still lose more games than we win as that's the nature of the beast, but personally I'd prefer that unpredictability and excitement over the borefest we've been served for the last two years, the odd moment aside.
      We need the CM’ers with both pace and speed of thought, to unlock the latent top flight talent you and others see in our new signings. Without that vital creativity, they’re left out on a limb.

      A Maddison, Felipe Anderson, Doucoure, Pereyra type of player.
    • #80
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      55,594


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That’s my thinking. Come next May, all given a second chance under a coach with different tactics, we will definitivlely know which players are good enough to be in a mid table (hopefully) PL first team.
      Reckon we'll know by the end of September after the first tranche of winnable games. Leave it much later than that and we'll blow the chance of applying any fixes in January.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •