Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I really hope they can get a new deal sorted with him and Mac. It won't stop us losing him if a CL club comes for him, but at least we'd get a decent fee.

He's got better over the last 1-2 seasons and is a genuine world class player IMO. Big shoes to fill if he goes - probably my favourite player.

On his day, he is brilliant but can hide sometimes. TBF not so much lately but we are doing well.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Great achievement for Troussard today, but we all know it will only raise his profile. Get him on a new deal ASAP

Not so sure it'll happen. There will be interest, and he'll be able to get a big wage package and CL football in the summer.
We've lost too many players over the past three windows -- White, Burn, Ostigard, Cucurella, Maupay, Bissouma -- and we have too many players that will be in-demand in the next window, and even more so in the summer. Trossard, Ali Mac, Moises, Sanchez at the very least are going to attract interest. We can't lose all those, one or two at a push. It means we might need to allow Tross and Mac to run down their contracts (we could always get them to sign a new one, but I'd be amazed if they don't have release clauses in them).

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Rather than go on about where or when Leandro will leave us, I think we should be praising him for the remarkable standard of football he's playing this season.

I'd go further, I think he's seriously in the discussion for an all time Albion XI now. I know he won't achieve the cult status of a Zamora, Ward or Murray, but he's performing and scoring in an absolutely brutal league.

I hope his knee is fine and I hope he can continue this scintillating form.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Sadly I think it's unlikely we'll get him on an extended contract - he'll be 28 in December and realistically has another 2-3 years to be able to play at the top level.

He'll be looking for a move to a CL club, if not in January then in the summer, as it's his last chance to play at that level really.

Following on from Nobby Cybergoat's post above, I think he is genuinely the most talented player to ever play for us, in terms of technical skill and ball control, and general natural football ability. He's shown that ever since he joined us (still remember that outside of the foot cross to Mooy), but only the last 6 months or so has it been consistently.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
At this point gotta think the price is 50 in Jan. But would prefer to have him for 18 months more and let him leave on a free to someone like real.

Anything but Chelsea. Pleasssse.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Sadly I think it's unlikely we'll get him on an extended contract - he'll be 28 in December and realistically has another 2-3 years to be able to play at the top level.

He'll be looking for a move to a CL club, if not in January then in the summer, as it's his last chance to play at that level really.

Following on from Nobby Cybergoat's post above, I think he is genuinely the most talented player to ever play for us, in terms of technical skill and ball control, and general natural football ability. He's shown that ever since he joined us (still remember that outside of the foot cross to Mooy), but only the last 6 months or so has it been consistently.

I am purring over his quick footwork for his first goal today... anyone have a slo-mo of it?? Maybe we'll get a chance to see it if we publish the pitch side video... because it was too fast for my old eyes to see :bowdown::bhasign:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Rather than go on about where or when Leandro will leave us, I think we should be praising him for the remarkable standard of football he's playing this season.

I'd go further, I think he's seriously in the discussion for an all time Albion XI now. I know he won't achieve the cult status of a Zamora, Ward or Murray, but he's performing and scoring in an absolutely brutal league.

I hope his knee is fine and I hope he can continue this scintillating form.

Agree, and certainly a very strong contender against Vicente as our best ever footballer (skill not contribution)

Of the 3 Murray is the only one to have performed to same the PL level . In terms of general technique Trossard is better but Glen scored goals in what was a weaker team and would have scored more had he had this team around him.

Let's hope he stays having learnt from Bissouma that the grass is not always greener in a top club. We would have to spend some serious money on wages though and he would then potentially stop/hinder the development of Mitoma, Sarmiento and Encisco.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

He'll be looking for a move to a CL club, if not in January then in the summer, as it's his last chance to play at that level really..

If he carries on scoring at this rate, he'll be at a CL club here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't see him leaving in January but also don't see him extending his contract (though a bit more likely than Ali Mac doing it).

Most likely moving next summer. Won't be full value but just like with Bissouma, it is worth having that £10-15m price tag drop just to have him another six months.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
On his day, he is brilliant but can hide sometimes. TBF not so much lately but we are doing well.

TBH I thought he was completely invisible for the first 60 mins vs Leicester and wasn't until he saw Mitoma ready to come on did he step it up and got his goal.

Not taking away from the outstanding game he had today

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
If you look at his goals he has a real knack for scoring against the top six sides. Of his 23 goals for us 11 of them have been against the top six which is an amazing return. If he can start scoring the same volume against the rest of the teams we could be in for a super exciting season.

For the record the 11 goals are (FIVE v Liverpool, 2 v Spurs, 1 each v Chelsea, Man City, Man U and Arsenal)

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
How has he not got a song? Someone needs to sort it.

*shuffles to the back*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here