Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To Avoid Potter Bashing - the staying up tracker - season 2019-2020 Game 38 UPDATE

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
A struggling team not strengthening in January doesn’t really deserve to stay up. That lesson I thought was learnt last season. Obviously [emoji849] not

This. And thank said this on transfer related threads. Complacency personified by the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The one concern is that Brighton still have 3 away games against the sides below them - and Watford at home who Pearson seems to have sorted at the moment. On top of that there are away games against Burnley and Southampton. The Bournemouth game is a big one.

Effectively the remaining games are at home against mostly top half teams and away against bottom half teams. Potter needs to put some results together sooner rather than later.

Although I actually quite like away days in Burnley (contrary to many on here - but probably because it's relatively local!), I was expecting not to go this year as 'we'll be safe by then' - but it looks as though I may be hunting for a ticket after all.

D

Deleted member 2719

I've been looking for some reassurances after yesterday.

Below shows results against teams played so far and their respective league position. What surprised me is that our perceived failure v bottom half teams is not quite as bad as it looks. It's turning those draws into wins that is the issue really.

This a good one and makes it very visual to see the facts.

I agree, we just need that little bit extra at times. :thumbsup:

Morvangull

Oct 19, 2010
Bognor Regis
On my rudimentary tracker we are 3 to 4 points better off against the same opponents. That is substituting the three promoted teams for those relegated last season. Obviously it depends which team you you substitute but whichever combination still, I think, produces extra points this season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So, now on -1 for a 40 point finish.

My projection is a 38 point finish ( which bakes in a loss to West Ham ).

No panic yet - but Watford at the Amex starting to look like a *must win*.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
So, now on -1 for a 40 point finish.

My projection is a 38 point finish ( which bakes in a loss to West Ham ).

No panic yet - but Watford at the Amex starting to look like a *must win*.

I did a result forecast last week from Everton down the league and had us four points better off at this stage. My predictions still had us relegated on 37 points !! I cannot see where our next points are coming from. Depressing times hope and pray I'm wrong.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I did a result forecast last week from Everton down the league and had us four points better off at this stage. My predictions still had us relegated on 37 points !! I cannot see where our next points are coming from. Depressing times hope and pray I'm wrong.
Well without giving a full listing of the projection, I'll say that for it to stay on track for 38 points we need 7 from the next 4 games. I'm pretty much resigned that the Watford game is *must win*. A win at West Ham probably downgrades it to *must not lose*.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And so after that abject second half performance we are back to par with the tracker. Opportunity missed. We are now bang on forecast for 40 points, which could be enough but who knows this season? Gut feel is it should be, but will we get there? No goal scoring threat, no creativity. It's a worry.

A win at Bournemouth feels like a must but the tracker will accept a draw if all other results are the same which seems unlikely.

Highlighting the season defining West Ham & Watford fixtures. On 25 points after them - Championship beckons. On 31 points - what a boost for the final fixtures.

67720F3A-DA12-45AB-AB3A-C38390C8D4EB.png

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So, 1 point down after the last 2 games.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We can see how important the Watford game is from this.

Just 2 points from the last 3 games has really made a much awaited win more vital.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
So we went one point down after the Bournemouth game, and held that yesterday, just.

Watford is MASSIVE. I doubt we will get anything at Sheffield. Palace is MASSIVE. Norwich away is MASSIVE. Before and after that we need some bonuses against the big boys before the last 3 MASSIVE games. That's it in a nutshell. MASSIVE.

Attachments

• NSC Graph 25.png
    NSC Graph 25.png
    117 KB · Views: 462
  • NSC Fixtures 25.png
    NSC Fixtures 25.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 457

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
And perhaps a bit more relevant to how this season has turned out a quick summary of where our points have come through which really highlights just two points so far from the top 7 teams. But with 4 of the remaining 6 of those to come at home.

Attachments

• NSC Home and Away 25.png
    NSC Home and Away 25.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 439

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And perhaps a bit more relevant to how this season has turned out a quick summary of where our points have come through which really highlights just two points so far from the top 7 teams. But with 4 of the remaining 6 of those to come at home.
The Leceister loss was at home.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s a good reminder seeing the fixtures, we have nearly as difficult a run in as the Hammers really, only we play the big teams at home.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Let's face it, we are now up against it. The road to 40 points is looking tough. But beat Arsenal at home for example and it could all be fine again. On a knife edge. But 3 points behind the tracker.

Attachments

• NSC Fixtures 26.png
    NSC Fixtures 26.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 331
  • NSC Graph 26.png
    NSC Graph 26.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 327

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here