Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jo Brand Comment

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Neither is she a comedian, so her excuse is?

Of course she is a comedian, what do you think she is, a shoe repairer, you may not like her or find her funny, that is your choice, but she is a comedian.
I think that if Frankie Boyle had said it we would just roll our eyes because he says these things and far worse regularly and he is a comedian too.
But as stated before she should not have given Farage or Brexit supporters extra fuel for their pathetic crusade.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
That's up to them.

I'm not sure I understand your point of view though. In the top post you think too many comedians are sacked for minor discretions, in the post below you insinuate a comedian should be sacked for making a minor discretion?

My point is it is hypocritical and it appears that the more liberal left leaning Ms Brand is being supported for what the BBC would normally see as a sackable offence, my personal opinion I've made clear I don't think anyone should be sacked, including Mr Baker.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Seem to recall that it was Jo Brand who dobbed in Carol Thatcher for saying, behind the scenes of the One Show , that Yannick Noah, the tennis player had a hairstyle like a 'g------g.
O.K. you can't say things like that, but it was said in conversation away from any cameras etc., however, Brand was so offended, she caused a kerfuffle and Carol Thatcher was duly dropped from the show. The One Show is possibly the most bland and PC of any tv shows, but I wonder what they would have done had Brand made her remark a la Thatcher and someone had been offended.
Have never liked Brand and I really don't know how she can be called a comedian, but hey, she's a 'celebrity leftie' so that's ok on the beeb!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I think it's a stupid thing to say and much as like Jo Brand as a person and a comedian she overstepped the
mark and be sacked for the following reason: if some nutter now throws acid over a politician (any politician),
she has to shoulder some of the responsibility through incitement.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
CZuP0DjWAAAua7g.jpg

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I like Brand but I think that's a joke too far. Farage is obviously an odious tool, but the thing is there's a line that's been crossed and the BBC should make her apologise and cancel her bookings for a period of time.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I don't find Jo Brand very funny but when she talks about serious topics, and her opinion endorses my own, such as mental health and equality I find her very enlightened and engaging.

Probably closer to the truth.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

She just typifies the nasty left wing element that is alive and kicking today.

Bbc should sack her immediately.

She is a poor comic and human being, morgan needs to keep winding into her.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You’re a sick individual.

And you just throw abuse about when challenged, typical of the modern left wing. Trying en masse to close down opinions different to your own, like sheep on steroids. But steroids (Momentum) lose their effect over time and the group return to being the weak individuals they always were.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And you just throw abuse about when challenged, typical of the modern left wing. Trying en masse to close down opinions different to your own, like sheep on steroids. But steroids (Momentum) lose their effect over time and the group return to being the weak individuals they always were.

Meaningless waffle. You suggest I’d like to see battery acid thrown over someone. Quite an accusation and a sick one at that.
You didn’t challenge me, you accused me. Very different things.
Don’t massively insult someone and then get all precious when you are called out on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here