Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your Three Must-Go-To Away Trips Next Season

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sheff Utd - good club, great city, glad to see them back
Newcastle - never been there.
Palace - looking forward to 3 easy points and of course to see how that spectacular new stand is getting on.

el punal

Had a season off aways last season. Want to start taking my lad to a few to build up his points so the real answer is anywhere I can get a ticket for him. No doubt Mrs GB will want him to go to a nice local one but we’ll struggle on his points so I might subject him to a Northern shithole :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try a TwoTogether rail card. My sister in law has got one for herself and her daughter. The initial cost is £30 per year (I think). Discounted fares all over the U.K., so going to some northern shithole will be cheaper than you think! The drawback is that only you and other named person can use it.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As I've got family in Sheffield that will be an easy away for me but not sure I'll get tickets at my points level given how many are saying they're keen for it!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can I take this opportunity, away from the stigma of asking nearer game time, to ask about traveling away.

Now he's 14 (15 during the season) and Lil Miss Stat is now otherwise occupied, I'd like us to start going to away games, preferably by train definitely on the cheap.

There doesn't seem to be a railcard that I could use to take the edge off.
I understand booking early is my friend, which is the best site?

Any general help from our away posse would be appreciated.

https://www.familyandfriends-railcard.co.uk/using-your-railcard/are-you-eligible/

Family & Friends railcard as long as you are travelling with StatJr.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
All those who haven’t been to Newcastle and planning to go should start fitness training now in case it’s an early season fixture. Just saying [emoji23][emoji23]

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Mine more driven by grounds I haven't been to - unfortunately that means they are up north, big distances/cost!
Sheffield United : might be worth an overnight and trip to the Leadmill if it's still going!
Newcastle : always been just too far for me, so maybe bite the bullet this season
Manchester City : with trips to Liverpool, Everton and Manchester United (twice) haven't been able to face the M6 thus far for potential thumping.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I have unfinished business at Norwich as we went there for a 3rd round F A Cup match some years ago which was called off because of a floodlight failure. Couldn't get to the rearranged (Tuesday evening?) match.
Want to go to Spurs and Arsenal too

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
The best tip I can give is to never buy a rail ticket until Sky/BT have announced their games. It’s also worth investigating split ticketing and also beware of very cheap fares because you might find yourself on a train that stops everywhere and takes twice as long.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Making absolutely no plans, apart from the first away game (depending on who it is) at the moment

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Three for me:-
St James - I’ve got family up there
WHL - An amazing ground that I want to experience again
Anfield- European Champions why not

Three I’m not looking forward to but will still go:-
Goodson Park - I just hate the seats and restricted views
Turf Moor - Still living in the 19th century
Smelhurst Park - Just rubbish

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
All depends on when the games are but currently thinking

Bmuff
Stains
Naaaaarch

Probably will use Seagulls Travel again - used them for the Semi against Citeh and they were very good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did a weekend away at Newcastle last season for the first time, and it was so good I'm tempted to do that again (if its a Saturday).
Villa is such a grand old stadium, I went there for the Cup game a few years ago. Would love to go back there this time as equals rather than "plucky noddy-league underdogs".
Never been to Sheffield so won't rule that one out, again, if its on a Saturday. Likewise Narch.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Sheffield United - never been

Spurs - loved the new stadium this season

Newcastle - great one to make a weekend of

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
I have unfinished business at Norwich as we went there for a 3rd round F A Cup match some years ago which was called off because of a floodlight failure. Couldn't get to the rearranged (Tuesday evening?) match.

Oh god that was a nightmare wasn’t it
They didn’t call it off til about 3.50 even though they said it was going to start at 3.20 and then 3.30
Also the ballboys cocking up the plastic sheeting across the centre circle. At about 2.50 with the sheeting covered in snow they proceeded to tip it into a big pile on the half way spot. We thought that may delay the game but then the floodlights failed.
Mr Canary has left the building
Imbeciles [emoji2]

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

I've never really known if I could tick Carrow Road off after this as I was technically in the stadium! Will try and go this season just to make sure.

Apart from that just Newcastle and Man City to get done. Going back to the original question though, Palace, Tottenham and Sheffield United.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Oh god that was a nightmare wasn’t it
They didn’t call it off til about 3.50 even though they said it was going to start at 3.20 and then 3.30
Also the ballboys cocking up the plastic sheeting across the centre circle. At about 2.50 with the sheeting covered in snow they proceeded to tip it into a big pile on the half way spot. We thought that may delay the game but then the floodlights failed.
Mr Canary has left the building
Imbeciles [emoji2]

They kept repeating that over the tannoy, it was so obvious what it meant but nobody would confirm it! The information given out that day was beyond dreadful.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sheffield as it'll be the only one in the PL I've not been to.
Palace, because it's palace.
Spurs, because of the ground.

However, must cut back this year!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here