Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Alastair Campbell expelled.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Peter Kyle - what a shame that his amiable kind don’t run the opposition. He seeks social justice without class warrior bitterness or Politburo style ousting of any dissent.

Labour would sweep to power.

Yvette Cooper and Keir Starmer too.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
Peter Kyle - what a shame that his amiable kind don’t run the opposition. He seeks social justice without class warrior bitterness or Politburo style ousting of any dissent.

Labour would sweep to power.

Peter Kyle is anything but amicable. 'No hate here' is code for all Brexit voters are Racist. I know for a fact he is in thrall to an effective bourgeoisie sect, who play the 'identity' game to the max - I fell amongst them by accident when I visited his Office in Church road. I was taken in because of my background and was party to conversations about 'hate crime' from people who are rather comfortable and clearly enjoyed the opportunities the narrative and data 'interpretation' provides.....and I tell you this as a man accepted into their group as a 'minority' - it made my skin crawl.
In general, he strikes me as akin to what is demonstrably his own perception of the people he obviously despises ( but knowing rules of the game, would never actually state) .....the uneducated, stupid racist' Leavers'.
He is as much an apparatchik of dogma as Corbyn.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Great news! Blair next please. Party rules must stand for all members. During Corbyn's leadership election, plenty of people were expelled for claiming they voted Green or Tusc before they even joined the Labour Party. He was a horrible man that loved war, austerity and privatisation. He had the audacity to demand we listen to the so called people's vote march because of its size when he refused the same to the millions that marched against the invasion of Iraq.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
[MENTION=5208]drew[/MENTION]

Just to confirm your body count numbers of 24k is nonsense and you just want to argue the toss. Nice try but if you read the Chilcot report it would agree with my claim.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36721645

"The government failed to achieve the stated objectives it had set itself in Iraq. More than 200 British citizens died as a result of the conflict. Iraqi people suffered greatly. By July 2009, at least 150,000 Iraqis had died, probably many more. More than one million were displaced"

What is wrong with you people ffs?

Differentiating between those killed by the coalition forces and those killed through internal fighting, eg shia against sunnis. Or do you think all the car bombs whilst the forces were there were by us?

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Peter Kyle is anything but amicable. 'No hate here' is code for all Brexit voters are Racist. I know for a fact he is in thrall to an effective bourgeoisie sect, who play the 'identity' game to the max - I fell amongst them by accident when I visited his Office in Church road. I was taken in because of my background and was party to conversations about 'hate crime' from people who are rather comfortable and clearly enjoyed the opportunities the narrative and data 'interpretation' provides.....and I tell you this as a man accepted into their group as a 'minority' - it made my skin crawl.
In general, he strikes me as akin to what is demonstrably his own perception of the people he obviously despises ( but knowing rules of the game, would never actually state) .....the uneducated, stupid racist' Leavers'.

Wow, just wow, “taken in” sounds like a religious sect....

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
[MENTION=307]Biscuit[/MENTION]

p.s. You need to watch this and if you still don't believe that Blair and Campbell are not morally responsible you have no heart or soul and have no sense of justice:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0005d9j/iraq-a-state-of-mind

I'll give it a watch, heads up though I generally try and get my facts from various sources. This often means looking up and reading both sides of the argument before reaching an opinion on it. For example, I think it's entirely reasonable to suggest Tony Blair isn't the devil incarnate many make him out to be and he did, in fact, achieve an awful lot of good during his Premiership. But I guess that's another debate, and not one many people are capable of having to any degree of maturity.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
In 2015, Andrew Fisher tweeted "If you live in Croydon South, vote with dignity, vote [MENTION=14160]cam[/MENTION]paignbeard", who was a Class War candidate opposing Labour. This wasn't even after the event as Campbell's was, this was in the run up to an election.

Andrew Fisher is Jeremy Corbyn's head of policy.

This.

Campbell was the architect of something that will never happen again in my lifetime - 3 consecutive labour general election victories.

Corbyn is an ********, and Labour are now finished.

When did it become a throwing out offence to advocate tactical voting? If more labour voters had backed the liberals there would be far fewer Brexit 'party' EU MPs today.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

“Labour just came 4th in Brighton, a city with 8,000 members, 2 MPs, and a council it runs.

We came behind the Brexit Party in a 70% Remain city.

And our response is to punish people for not voting for us rather than *asking why they didn’t vote for us*

[emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]”

He will be deselected at the next General Election.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
“Labour just came 4th in Brighton, a city with 8,000 members, 2 MPs, and a council it runs.

We came behind the Brexit Party in a 70% Remain city.

And our response is to punish people for not voting for us rather than *asking why they didn’t vote for us*

[emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]”

He will be deselected at the next General Election.

But there I disagree. He is what he is, but Labour's woes were countrywide on the night. His stock is high in the Tom Watson half of the cult.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This.

Campbell was the architect of something that will never happen again in my lifetime - 3 consecutive labour general election victories.

Corbyn is an ********, and Labour are now finished.

When did it become a throwing out offence to advocate tactical voting? If more labour voters had backed the liberals there would be far fewer Brexit 'party' EU MPs today.

3 victories with a clear overall majority, enabling SureStart and the start of rebuilding school and hospital infrastructure. Whilst not trying to destroy our vital businesses and entrepreneurs. Campbell was a key architect of those 3 wins.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Great news! Blair next please. Party rules must stand for all members. During Corbyn's leadership election, plenty of people were expelled for claiming they voted Green or Tusc before they even joined the Labour Party. He was a horrible man that loved war, austerity and privatisation. He had the audacity to demand we listen to the so called people's vote march because of its size when he refused the same to the millions that marched against the invasion of Iraq.

Utter tripe. You're deluded. Your version of labour will never win anything.

No compromise with the electorate? Campbell and TB realised that you have to compromise. Perpetual opposition simply allows the tory clowns to perpetuate a hegemony.

Anyway, I doubt Campbell gives much of a stuff. If I were thrown out of Corbyn's labour party I'd take it as a badge of honour.

**** me, they tried to reinstate Derek Hatton recently. Next they'll be digging up Jimmy Savile and making him opposition spokesman on schools. Clowns and morons. And a disgrace.

Hu_Camus

Jan 27, 2019
3 victories with a clear overall majority, enabling SureStart and the start of rebuilding school and hospital infrastructure. Whilst not trying to destroy our vital businesses and entrepreneurs. Campbell was a key architect of those 3 wins.

Key architect in the same way as way as Nicolae Ceauşescu was with ’The Palace of the Parliament
He was a control freak who coarsened political dissemination discourse, in a way that has ultimately lead to the Tweets of Trump.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Key architect in the same way as way as Nicolae Ceauşescu was with ’The Palace of the Parliament
He was a control freak who coarsened political dissemination discourse, in a way that has ultimately lead to the Tweets of Trump.

He didn’t create that role, with painfully close control over propaganda and towing the party line. Bernard Ingham expertly performed that role for Maggie. With Yanks doing it for years before either Ingham and Campbell, not the other way round.

I will concede that Campbell was physically more intimidating.

At least he gave us the Malcolm Tucker character in the BBC’s The Thick Of It, a brilliant comedy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here