Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Love Island 2019 - official NSC thread

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I won't be watching Love Island as I'm not a fan of reality "look at me " TV , but I'm sure this thread is going to be fun :)

A ban - 1/2
Three bans - 4/1
A thread ban - 1/100
Thread locked - Evens
Thread relegated to Division 2 - 6/1
Thread removed to Mod Towers - 8/1
Thread moved to Gold - 10/1
Flounce - 1/20
Inappropriate comments about a poster’s daughter’s physical attributes - no market offered

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I have a 20 year old daughter.

She’s away at uni now but I was forced to watch this a couple of years ago when she was still home doing A Levels.

It is utterly addictive and I got sucked in. The problem for me is that the only reason people are on is for publicity. Some contestants are clearly intelligent and talented like Camilla or Dr Alex last year but this all goes out of the window for the sake of reality shallowness.

My daughter can make her own choices but I would be disappointed if having worked so hard at school and uni she sacrificed all that for the reality tv dollar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I won't be watching Love Island as I'm not a fan of reality "look at me " TV , but I'm sure this thread is going to be fun :)

I really don't like reality TV either but if I'm honest I liked celebs go dating, all of them have been fun except Gemma Collins, who always makes my piss boil, she manages to ruin everything.
But the commentary by that toothy comedian is very funny.
Not sure if it's classed as reality TV but First Dates is also very watchable.
I will try and watch Love Island at least just to see if Harty's daughters bedsheet goes up and down like a snake charmers basket lid.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This.

I can't stand 'reality' TV - I'd rather watch a turned off, blank TV screen.

But this thread could 'have legs' :facepalm:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
A ban - 1/2
Three bans - 4/1
A thread ban - 1/100
Thread locked - Evens
Thread relegated to Division 2 - 6/1
Thread removed to Mod Towers - 8/1
Thread moved to Gold - 10/1
Flounce - 1/20
Inappropriate comments about a poster’s daughter’s physical attributes - no market offered

Yes, that's pretty much what I predicted a few posts back. And I'm sorry but I just don't buy Harty's defiant battle call to the media. Struggling to see the positives.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Love Harty and loved the old post match phone in. However, really don't see this going well on here. Daughter gets involved in some shenanigans that get hotly debated on here and it all gets nasty on here.

Where, on here?

Usual keyboard warriors within the Argus comments. Stalker called Davey Johnson is an angry prick.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Frankly Noel I expected better from you, from a very early age both Sue and I have encouraged both our children not to suppress their respective ambitions.
Sam has always to be an Albion season ticket holder and a Funeral Director, so that’s all the boxes ticked for him, Amy always wanted to be a little bit more unorthodox.
She’s my daughter and I will back her 100%, I know we are in for a rough ride, probably on NSC as much as the tabloids, but bring it on.

oi ...**** NSC , **** the tabloids , set these young's up to tear 'em down again ....bollocks to that ....good luck to your daughter , haters need to wind the necks in , see you for a pint in a few weeks....cricketers...?? Bazzer

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Each to their own and all that, and I'm sure it makes for compulsive viewing, but I'm not sure it's something to be proud of.

Same. All for supporting your kids in whatever they decide to do in life. But allowing your nan and grandad to pay for your boob job sits a bit uneasy with me. Seems to me more than a wee bit creepy. Tho as you say, each to their own.

Just hope this thread is allowed to run its natural course by NSC mods and is not locked due to any pressure by the contestant's family.

As a wise man once said: Buy the ticket, take the ride.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Same. All for supporting your kids in whatever they decide to do in life. But allowing your nan and grandad to pay for your boob job sits a bit uneasy with me. Seems to me more than a wee bit creepy. Tho as you say, each to their own.

Just hope this thread is allowed to run its natural course by NSC mods and is not locked due to any pressure by the contestant's family.

as in do the crime do the time type thing ........?? with all the toxic shit flying about in commercial tv currently i just hope she comes out of it morally and mentally intact and doesn't have her life majorly derailed .....a sneaky peek at the star fish wouldn't go amisss either....:moo:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
as in do the crime do the time type thing ........?? with all the toxic shit flying about in commercial tv currently i just hope she comes out of it morally and mentally intact and doesn't have her life majorly derailed .....a sneaky peek at the star fish wouldn't go amisss either....:moo:

100% guaranteed that (unless she happens to win) she'll come out of the process bleating that she's been exploited by the programme makers.

Same as it ever was. I blame the parents. And also in this case the grandparents.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Quite right.
If she goes on and it's promoted who she is then like all the other contestants will go through the usual hammering as has been the case since it started, the fact she is the daughter of someone on here just makes its bit more interesting.
I have not watched it before but you can't escape what's going on.
I will watch a couple of episodes then give up unless something 'interesting' happens regarding Amy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
100% guaranteed that (unless she happens to win) she'll come out of the process bleating that she's been exploited by the programme makers.

Same as it ever was. I blame the parents. And also in this case the grandparents.

Really? How many have said that? Most contestants who have come out have invariably earnt a lot of money from various things. I have a mate that works at one of the agency that manages people that come out of these shows and the majority are happy and well looked after. Turns out you can easily earn £250k+ a year from nightclub appearances for a couple of years and then if you invest your earnings wisely set yourself up nicely for a while. But not all do - some take the quick money as soon as they come out and easily go back into what they were doing.

Or you could just stick to a mundane job on £25k a year :shrug:

D

Deleted member 22389

Everyone keeps talking about it, so will watch and see what the fuss is about.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

...and so it begins.
I hope she does well and comes out of it looking good, but I can't help feeling you're right.

Jul 7, 2003
Really? How many have said that? Most contestants who have come out have invariably earnt a lot of money from various things. I have a mate that works at one of the agency that manages people that come out of these shows and the majority are happy and well looked after. Turns out you can easily earn £250k+ a year from nightclub appearances for a couple of years and then if you invest your earnings wisely set yourself up nicely for a while. But not all do - some take the quick money as soon as they come out and easily go back into what they were doing.

Or you could just stick to a mundane job on £25k a year :shrug:

Nail on head.

Do alright, earn yourself some easy money on the nightclub / TV circuit for a short time and then invest it in something that will either allow you to live out a few dreams or set yourself up for a comfortable future.

Don't forget, for all the stick he gets on here sometimes, Harty is a successful businessman in his own right and I'm sure has given her some fatherly advice on the matter.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Quite amazing how so many people who go on and on about how awful this type of TV is and that they never ever watch it and never will are going to watch it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here