Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] 2019 Cricket World Cup

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm off to Southampton next Friday. Could be a great game on the fast Rose Bowl pitch. Archer against this lot. Lovely.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Windies bowlers are really doing a great job for their team. I have a suspicion their batting line up will be suspect if they have to chase a big total, but if their bowlers keep performing like this they'll never have to chase anything big.

Aussies clearly unprepared and not done their homework after the working over Pakistan got.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Windies bowlers are really doing a great job for their team. I have a suspicion their batting line up will be suspect if they have to chase a big total, but if their bowlers keep performing like this they'll never have to chase anything big.

Aussies clearly unprepared and not done their homework after the working over Pakistan got.

The Aussies currently wondering whether it will be the 120 paper or the 90 when they come to bowl...

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Maybe rattled by some top sledging from the Windies over the sandpaper? We heard how unpleasant and unnecessary things got when they played England recently. Cricket is a mind-sport (just like golf and tennis). You can get into their heads.

I think we'll see some surprise semi-finalists. What a great World Cup this is so far.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Before the World Cup started, I was thinking England, India, Australia as the three most likely to make the semis (in that order), plus probably New Zealand or South Africa. SAf are now gone barring a miracle, so most likely NZ fills that remaining semi slot.

Outsiders: West Indies, Pakistan. Both have the capability to win matches against anyone, but both also have the capability to be complete rubbish. Then Bangladesh - they're a very improved team and, on their day, can win a game against anyone. Question is, are they able to play through the pressure of winning the tight games often enough (evidence from yesterday is maybe not, but we'll see).
I'd lump on the West Indies now if l were you! Convicts 80-5!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Come on Windies. Drive those nails in.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This is an outstanding fightback from Australia. They were 40/4 with 9 overs gone and yet all the while Smith is still out there they could yet reach 300.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
This is an outstanding fightback from Australia. They were 40/4 with 9 overs gone and yet all the while Smith is still out there they could yet reach 300.

They're the Germany of the World Cup.

A couple of iffy performances and a lot of people write them off but they are ALWAYS there at the business end of tournaments*

*apart from South Korea 2-0 Germany last summer. :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That Cottrell catch at the boundary to remove Smith was one of the best pieces of fielding I've ever seen. It was genius :lolol:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This umpire doesn't like Chris Gayle! :lolol:

That was a shocking LBW call, really shocking. Might have needed another 2 stumps for that to have been close.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Umpires call on LBW review, and Gayle now OUT

WI 31/2

Another really harsh call from that umpire. I know tracking had it as 'umpire's call', but a really harsh call to one barely nicking the top of leg stump. I'd be absolutely livid if he had done that to England.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The umpiring in this game is shocking. Has Mike Dean got a cousin who does cricket?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here