Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt Clarke- Portsmouth defender **SIGNED and LOANED to DERBY**

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
dunk to the gooners?

Potentially exciting times, I reckon he’ll want to stick around until at least January to see how it goes.

Has he signed a new contract recently? :wink:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I love the way the immediate reaction is our best player is off... that is so NSC... I cannot believe we are going to replace an England international CB with a a Portsmouth one. Sorry but that is bollox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Balogun - it seemed like he hardly played PL games, to be accused of that.

And yet off the top of my head he was completely at fault for one of Chelsea’s goals at The Amex, gave away a penalty against Palace & should have been sent off against Huddersfield.

I think people let a good debut against Man.U & a goal against Palace cloud their judgment a bit.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
And yet off the top of my head he was completely at fault for one of Chelsea’s goals at The Amex, gave away a penalty against Palace & should have been sent off against Huddersfield.

I think people let a good debut against Man.U & a goal against Palace cloud their judgment a bit.

Don't forget the ****ing ridiculous goal when he was on the far post at West Brom...

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain

Don't forget the ****ing ridiculous goal when he was on the far post at West Brom...

This

Like many on here, i watched his performances for Nigeria last summer and thought he looked a good buy, however, i have seen enough this season to suggest he is only 4th choice centre back for a reason.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Knew I was forgetting something. Think there was a few he got away with too.

I thought he was the dogs bollocks after the Man.U game where he came on and looked excellent but he’s got nowhere near those heights since then. If we got a 7 figure bid I’d be happy enough to see him go. Seems a nice bloke but he’s the Nigerian Colin Hawkins

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You would hope buying league 1&2 players was finished for us now unless for the u23's...

Ha ! Yep. Dunk (L1 academy), Goldson (L1) Cook (L1 academy) and whilst we're at it Duffy (arse end of Champ).
Wish we'd overlooked that little lot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Question . . . How on earth can you tell the capability of a player after only eight starts in the Premier League?

Answer . . . You can't. Get off the guys back until/unless he plays more games, and we can see what he is really able to do.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here