Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Look, I'm a Brighton fan, but if I was a professional footballer and I was choosing between Brighton and Leicester I'd probably choose Leicester. Why? Because Leicester are an established Premier League club and are highly unlikely to get relegated next season.

Hopefully Potter reforms us into a mid table club and I might change my opinion - but forget all this size of the club bollocks, if I moved to Leicester I'd be fairly confident a relegation clause cutting my wages wouldn't come into effect.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Whatever Leicester offer, Arsenal will top it, and it will all come down to whether the player himself wants to leave Brighton and hove albion I would of thought.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
If Leicester offer enough he’ll go.

End of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And walk away from the chance to be club captain of his boyhood team in the Premier League, it’s not as straightforward as you think. He can still be a multi-millionaire by staying put - there’s only so much money someone can spend. There’s no such thing as a poor relation in the Premier League now so money is not the be all

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
And walk away from the chance to be club captain of his boyhood team in the Premier League, it’s not as straightforward as you think. He can still be a multi-millionaire by staying put - there’s only so much money someone can spend. There’s no such thing as a poor relation in the Premier League now so money is not the be all

I think if Arsenal came in for him he’d be on the next train out. The opportunity for League, cup and European competitiveness would be too strong.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Ok... in what way are we bigger?

We're not bigger, but to call Leicester a big club as some on here have is frankly ludicrous. It's a game of opinions, some people consider being a big club about on the field success, others consider it crowd size potential etc. There's no argument that Leicester have had a glittering history compared to us and are in most ways a far more attractive proposition, but big club, not for my money.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

He's a Chelsea fan :shrug:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
As I said before, Arsenal yes, Leicester no...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The only thing I'm surprised about is Utd went for the wrong CB, if they had have gone in for Dunk this thread would never had existed.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Bournemouth and Netherlands centre-back Nathan Ake has emerged as a shock £40m target for Manchester City. The 24-year-old would be signed as an alternative to Leicester City's Harry Maguire.

If there is even a smidgeon of truth in this, and Maguire goes for £80million+, can't see Bloom accepting anything less than £50million. And I can't see anyone paying that.
But, it's a mad old world!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We're not bigger, but to call Leicester a big club as some on here have is frankly ludicrous. It's a game of opinions, some people consider being a big club about on the field success, others consider it crowd size potential etc. There's no argument that Leicester have had a glittering history compared to us and are in most ways a far more attractive proposition, but big club, not for my money.

Big No, Bigger...Yes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If there is even a smidgeon of truth in this, and Maguire goes for £80million+, can't see Bloom accepting anything less than £50million. And I can't see anyone paying that.
But, it's a mad old world!!

And Tyrone Mings going to Villa for 20 mill. I think the football world has finally gone mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here