Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk to Leicester City?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Haven't followed this Dunk thread so I don't know if the headline is new or even true?

Brighton star Lewis Dunk would be 'devastated' if he does not get Leicester City move

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...r-news/brighton-star-lewis-dunk-would-3084614
I always look for direct quotes from players with this sort of thing and all that is quoted from Dunk is in relation to him taking over from Bruno as captain.

All the time its the media telling us he would be devastated, I'll just take it with a pinch of salt.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Thank you for the invitation, but I wouldn't want people to think I was being negative.

You’re being a bit of a dick tbh.. yes we know you didn’t want CH sacked.. if you support the club get behind them and stop slagging everything off.. you’re acting like a jealous ex

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Haven't followed this Dunk thread so I don't know if the headline is new or even true?

Brighton star Lewis Dunk would be 'devastated' if he does not get Leicester City move

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/...r-news/brighton-star-lewis-dunk-would-3084614

It's not new in that the mention under John Cross's byline was quoted yesterday. Nothing is impossible in football, and my friend Mr Cross did get the Pochettino to Southampton story right when everybody else in the world was saying he was wrong. But he also repeated those nonsensical stories that John Terry's wage demands had scuppered a move to us - as if we'd have had him near the place.

I refer everyone to the real Andy Naylor's tweet on the subject: "Nothing has changed since the story we ran a few weeks ago - which stated he was 95 per cent certain to stay - according to a well-informed source."

I had the same information last week from what I assume is the same [very well-informed] source via a trusted contact.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It's not new in that the mention under John Cross's byline was quoted yesterday. Nothing is impossible in football, and my friend Mr Cross did get the Pochettino to Southampton story right when everybody else in the world was saying he was wrong. But he also repeated those nonsensical stories that John Terry's wage demands had scuppered a move to us - as if we'd have had him near the place.

I refer everyone to the real Andy Naylor's tweet on the subject: "Nothing has changed since the story we ran a few weeks ago - which stated he was 95 per cent certain to stay - according to a well-informed source."

I had the same information last week from what I assume is the same [very well-informed] source via a trusted contact.

I'm not worried really, everything has a shelf life and comes to an end. £30 million in the bank for Bloom and several tens of thousands extra in the bank for Dunk. Every player should play for several teams in their careers, just to have more challenges imho

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'd quite like his house in hurstpierpoint if he does decide to bugger off.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
You’re being a bit of a dick tbh.. yes we know you didn’t want CH sacked.. if you support the club get behind them and stop slagging everything off.. you’re acting like a jealous ex

yes, you said it, you did...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Would love it if he tweeted that it's a load of bollocks and that he'd be devastated to move to Leicester.

Why should he dignify it ? (if its not true) . And journalists with sources close to the club and/or player have already reported that he's very likely to be staying.
Didn't look like his mind was elsewhere today, scoring a goal and throwing himself around where he left off last season.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm not worried really, everything has a shelf life and comes to an end. £30 million in the bank for Bloom and several tens of thousands extra in the bank for Dunk. Every player should play for several teams in their careers, just to have more challenges imho

IMHO it is refreshing to still see 'one club' players, even if they are rare as hens teeth nowadays... if a Big 6 club comes in for him then, yes, he should go... but not ****ing Leicester...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why should he dignify it ? (if its not true) . And two journalists with sources close to the club and/or player have already confirmed that he's very likely to be staying.
Didn't look like his mind was elsewhere today, scoring a goal and throwing himself around where he left off last season.

Agreed CJ... and he had to... were you entertained? Had you forgotten what an Albion shot (there were 20 of them BTW) looked like?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed CJ... and he had to... were you entertained? Had you forgotten what an Albion shot (there were 20 of them BTW) looked like?

I watched it for free and saw 5 goals. Of course.
But extraploating (too) much, if anything, from pre-season under any manager is tempting but ultimately largely pointless.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I watched it for free and saw 5 goals. Of course.
But extraploating (too) much, if anything, from pre-season under any manager is tempting but ultimately largely pointless.

Yes, but surely you could see the more positive approach (whether that is ultimately good or bad in terms of results, who knows?)?? Ali J made chances FFS... unbelievable :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would suggest that if Leicester do sell Maguire and want Dunk to replace him, it would cost them at least 75%, or even 80%, of the fee they get for Maguire. That, IMHO, should be TB's position in any negotiations so that if we do lose Dunk (and it would be a loss) we'll at least be adequately compensated.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I would suggest that if Leicester do sell Maguire and want Dunk to replace him, it would cost them at least 75%, or even 80%, of the fee they get for Maguire. That, IMHO, should be TB's position in any negotiations so that if we do lose Dunk (and it would be a loss) we'll at least be adequately compensated.

Me too... we have to play hardball on a Leicester purchase, but maybe be more flexible if the Gooners or similar come in for him...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Yes, but surely you could see the more positive approach (whether that is ultimately good or bad in terms of results, who knows?)?? Ali J made chances FFS... unbelievable :)

Tempted to say that at Austrian second division Ali J may have found his level, but, inspired by GP, am going to try to be positive this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here