Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Daniel James

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Just a Billy Whizz, final ball and finishing is a bit meh!!
We dont need an out and out speedy winger, and I cant see him tracking back.

Its a big NO from me.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I actually thought we looked pretty pacey against Chelsea with Lamptey and March both up and down both wings. Watching Mitrovic yesterday was what had me wishing. Shame he's such a hot head.

If Brighton sign Mitrovic it will be when Potter has been poached by a top six team and were in the championship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
I would definitely be happy to sign him.

But who would he replace? AJ can barely get game time. Trust the club as always. Obviously GP got him playing at a high level at Swansea.

He would compete for left wing with March, Bernardo as backup

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
James is the player we are desperate for. We are so slow in building attacks it’s painful to watch. Someone speedy and direct like him would make such a difference and give us what we don’t have. I’d go as far as saying if I could sign any realistic target, he’s my number one pick.

I see this was posted before the Newcastle / Man Utd fixtures and based mainly on last season - with Mooy, Gross etc there - have you changed your option after watching the last 2 games? As we seem much quicker this season...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No, there will be games where we need pace and somebody to get in behind. Plan A won’t work every time. We are definitely playing a faster passing game and it’s great to watch and will win us plenty of games, but at some point we will come up against a team that plays high up the pitch and having the option to lob it over the top and let James run would be an amazing alternative to what we have now.

I’d certainly not be against signing him, but I think Izzy / Maupay / Connolly / Lamptey have that sort of ability. Maybe Izzy and Lamptey are the only ones close to James’ speed. You did say ‘ We are so slow in building attacks’ which to me is a faster passing game tbh so you did kind of agree with the point I was making. James / Sessegnon and Eduard or Brewster it is then...

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
Izquierdo is a write off and Maupay and Connolly don’t naturally play wide, which is ideally where you want a bit of pace. Our squad is good, I’ve never said it isn’t and I believe we will be in the top half. And as you say, we appear to be moving the ball quicker this season. But if we are looking to improve and add extra dimensions to our game a quick attacking midfielder is the obvious target in my opinion. I’d rather have one of those than the striker many people seem to covet.

Zeqiri incoming but rotation striker - James if Sancho or equivalent goes to Man U and we beat out Leeds for his signature

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here