Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Well done Graham although you probably had an organised safe pitch and have the luxury of scooting back home to heating hot water and a warm bed in the morning. I’m sure the genuine homeless really appreciate it.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Well done Graham although you probably had an organised safe pitch and have the luxury of scooting back home to heating hot water and a warm bed in the morning. I’m sure the genuine homeless really appreciate it.

If you take a quick look over your shoulder, you might see the point disappearing into the distance. Well done for missing it so spectacularly.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

He was pretty transparent about that:

"We had an easy version of sleeping rough, but it still gave us an insight into the challenges the homeless community face on a daily and nightly basis.

"Having experienced just one night out on the street, I cannot imagine what it would be like suffering in this way with no idea of what the future holds or where the next meal might be coming from."

I'm sure the genuine homeless, who by the way a genuine piece of shite like you would not give a **** about, appreciate your sarcastic comments about someone who is actually trying to do something.

Actions like the one from Graham, Billy and Bruno wont solve the greed and politics that are the cause of homelessness, but it certainly will prove charity organisations with extra attention and extra money to help people in the short term.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004

What a sneering post.

It's a great thing that Potter did. What else is he supposed to do? Relinquish his wealth and standing?

He's bringing attention to a very serious problem, which will make a difference.

I've slept out twice to raise money for the YMCA and it is horrible. Proper horrible. Even the 'easy' version is horrible. Imagine not having the security and knowledge of a warm shower after? Horrendous.

Anyone raising awareness of this appalling indictment of modern-day Britain should be applauded, and those responsible pilloried.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
An absolutely fantastic thing to do and well done Gpot and co. It's a great cause and hopefully the publicity will make a difference.

I am a little surprised to see any criticism of this shot down though, let's face it, the club has photographers there and Barber has jumped on it straight away to give Sky an 'exclusive'' yet again about how wonderful everything is at his football club. It is not unreasonable to question whether there is an alterior motive to this good turn and it's all a bit of a PR stunt.

Fact of the matter though is that it still takes balls and buy in for football coaches to be sleeping on the street and they do deserve a pat on the back for it

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
An absolutely fantastic thing to do and well done Gpot and co. It's a great cause and hopefully the publicity will make a difference.

I am a little surprised to see any criticism of this shot down though, let's face it, the club has photographers there and Barber has jumped on it straight away to give Sky an 'exclusive'' yet again about how wonderful everything is at his football club. It is not unreasonable to question whether there is an alterior motive to this good turn and it's all a bit of a PR stunt.

Fact of the matter though is that it still takes balls and buy in for football coaches to be sleeping on the street and they do deserve a pat on the back for it

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I'll turn that on its head and say that GP might in part be using his profile to highlight the cause.

'Normal folk' might do this, but it just doesn't get the publicity.

Last edited:

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
I’ve said on another thread that I am a Trustee of Off The Fence. GP, his wife and Bruno are enthusiastic and empathetic patrons, they have worked hard to understand the issues that the charity responds to and they have willingly given of their time on other occasions which won’t always attract the same level of publicity. The club too have been supportive over many years. Don’t doubt the motives or integrity of those taking part for a moment.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What a sneering post.

It's a great thing that Potter did. What else is he supposed to do? Relinquish his wealth and standing?

He's bringing attention to a very serious problem, which will make a difference.

I've slept out twice to raise money for the YMCA and it is horrible. Proper horrible. Even the 'easy' version is horrible. Imagine not having the security and knowledge of a warm shower after? Horrendous.

Anyone raising awareness of this appalling indictment of modern-day Britain should be applauded, and those responsible pilloried.
What was sneering about it? I had to do it for a year when things went tits up in a bad period of my life many years ago. Some people who volunteer at the soup kitchens at Christmas let’s face it they do it to feel good about themselves rest of the year they couldn’t give a flying f.uck. I could say lots about my year of shit but what’s the point everyone seems to know it all.

I wonder how many praising the efforts of senior club members walk on by the homeless or give it the usual they will only buy drugs or alcohol if I give them cash ???

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
What was sneering about it? I had to do it for a year when things went tits up in a bad period of my life many years ago. Some people who volunteer at the soup kitchens at Christmas let’s face it they do it to feel good about themselves rest of the year they couldn’t give a flying f.uck. I could say lots about my year of shit but what’s the point everyone seems to know it all.

I wonder how many praising the efforts of senior club members walk on by the homeless or give it the usual they will only buy drugs or alcohol if I give them cash ???

So what you’re saying based on the fact the volunteers are doing the Christmas Day soup work for self gratification is that you’d prefer them not to bother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

People who are on the street for a year dont care what reasons people have to help them, they are from my experience happy that someone is willing to help at all.

I call bullshit on your "story".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here