Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well done Graham - 99% safe I think. Big fan of his but thought he should have changed it sooner before they equalised tonight as it was clear as day it was coming...!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Great achievement to stay in the division in your first season at this level and with this squad. He has made some mistakes but he is a smart guy and will learn from his experiences. Back him again in the summer and can see us pushing on next season

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I’ve consistently said I’m 100% behind Graham Potter as our manager regardless if we are relegated or not.

He’s a fantastic ambassador for our club, I respect him as a man, as a coach and I fully embrace his philosophy of football.

I’ve coined a new phrase in his honour. ‘The future’s bright, the future’s Potter’.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Silver linings and all that, Palace’s sixth straight loss is :lolol:.

I was hoping for a win to try the unlikely overtake - I guess a win against Newcastle and they fail to beat Wolves and it goes down to the final day at least :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great achievement to stay in the division in your first season at this level and with this squad. He has made some mistakes but he is a smart guy and will learn from his experiences. Back him again in the summer and can see us pushing on next season
Well said that man - I’m hoping any level headed BHA fan would agree with all of that!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
A promising first season, well done GP, Billy and the team. He needs time and some more players that fit the system for us to reach peak Potterball, but I'm confident we will push on next season and avoid the relegation scrap.

mashman156

Aug 7, 2009
Southampton
Good style of play, still obviously a work in progress. But of a hairy moment after Xmas but regrouped well. Some great young players in and around the squad in Alzate, Maupay, Lamptey, Connolly, Bissouma and Alexis. Few good signings and another year of work and we could surprise a few next season. Thanks to Graham and the team for the efforts. Very excited for the future

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1286330230601330689[/tweet]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maupay's a 'character'.

Ooookkkaayyyyy then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Left on a knife edge:-

'Will White be heading to Leeds?'

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well done Graham Potter and thank you.

41 points, well above the drop cut-off of 34 / 35 points in his debut season in a tough league, is a great achievement.

Not to mention transforming our football. Today was the perfect illustration of that - one team tried to play football largely on the deck for 90 minutes, only clearing when necessary (pragmatism learnt by GP), bodies pushed forward in quality attacks and counter attacks.

What a savvy long term appointment by the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No real reason for the dig out other than to say I'm bloody glad he did.

NB In looking for the :bounce: oh woozers there's some threads on here that really haven't aged well.
And they're not all from Spence.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No real reason for the dig out other than to say I'm bloody glad he did.

NB In looking for the :bounce: oh woozers there's some threads on here that really haven't aged well.
And they're not all from Spence.

Agreed. I love GP, what a fantastic appointment.

And I’d go a step back and bounce the Dan Ashworth appointment thread which led us to getting Potter, Lamptey and now us playing the best football I’ve ever seen us play with a young, dynamic team of incredibly talented and likeable players.

I just wish we were there to witness it in person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here