Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we the poorest side to survive a PL season?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Don’t care now, we have survived and we can have another go next season at being better. What is done is done, Up the Albion

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So when I wrote ‘stank the Amex out’ you interpret that as a positive comment?

My take on it is exactly as I replied to you... those that pay to watch the crap we have been served have every right to disagree that we have done what we set out to do. Love it or hate it, I hate it, watching negative football, week in and week out, breaking new low records is not how you set about a season and those that speak out against it have every right to do so. Our - alleged - football is non sustainable. I'd rather watch us playing entertaining football in League Division Four than be dished up with the crap we have right now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My take on it is exactly as I replied to you... those that pay to watch the crap we have been served have every right to disagree that we have done what we set out to do. Love it or hate it, I hate it, watching negative football, week in and week out, breaking new low records is not how you set about a season and those that speak out against it have every right to do so. Our - alleged - football is non sustainable. I'd rather watch us playing entertaining football in League Division Four than be dished up with the crap we have right now.

Where have I suggested you can’t express an opinion?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

What you pay is irrelevant to me, it goes much deeper than that for me. I don’t like watching the shit we’ve served up recently but if you feel shortchanged you can always switch allegiances.

I am a prisoner to the Albion :down:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What you pay is irrelevant to me, it goes much deeper than that for me. I don’t like watching the shit we’ve served up recently but if you feel shortchanged you can always switch allegiances.

I am a prisoner to the Albion :down:

This always seems to be a stock answer, stop supporting your club. It's a rather a cheap and nasty reply.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
What comment was that?

Ok this is getting tiresome...

Why people think we should be doing better when we have a bottom three budget is beyond me.

We survived, some performances stank the Amex out but others were better. Two of our best performers from last season have been injured for practically the whole term and with a squad that’s modest it will have a significant impact upon results. Recruitment has been poor based on what we have seen to date but £15m doesn’t but much in the Premier League and even players costing 2-4 times as much have delivered little elsewhere (Morata, Fred, Drinkwater etc).

Victories over decent sides such as United, Wolves, Everton & West Ham suggest we’re not as shite as some wish to portray us, similarly a decent cup run too. Recent home performances have been gash.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This always seems to be a stock answer, stop supporting your club. It's a rather a cheap and nasty reply.

Your decision, but I repeat what you pay gives you absolutely no guarantees. You can”talk with your wallet” though.

Expecting better for what you pay is a shit argument...imo

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Your decision, but I repeat what you pay gives you absolutely no guarantees. You can”talk with your wallet”

I did not for one moment suggest I don't have the option, but as a paying fan we all have a right to a say.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
‘Recent performances have been gash’

‘Recruitment has been poor’

Those comments aren’t an endorsement.

But this is a snide way of telling us to take what we have...

Why people think we should be doing better when we have a bottom three budget is beyond me.

Why should we? Why are our budgets so low when we are a clearly more viable club than many others in this division? I don't buy into this budget crap.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But this is a snide way of telling us to take what we have...

How is that the case?

Why should we? Why are our budgets so low when we are a clearly more viable club than many others in this division? I don't buy into this budget crap.

Our budget is low because we’ve just been promoted to the Premier League for the first time
In our history and Tony Bloom has made the decision that he thinks the club should be self sufficient at this level, which seems fair enough to me as he’s already put in £300 million.

Clubs who have been in the Premier League for more years than us have had a £100 million a year advantage, that’s why they have a budgetary head start.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Our budget is low because we’ve just been promoted to the Premier League for the first time
In our history and Tony Bloom has made the decision that he thinks the club should be self sufficient at this level, which seems fair enough to me as he’s already put in £300 million.

Clubs who have been in the Premier League for more years than us have had a £100 million a year advantage, that’s why they have a budgetary head start.

That was last season, we are in our second season, why are you talking history?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I know it's not over yet, and finishing safe with 2 games to spare is far less stressful than many seasons either in the PL for others, or for us in the past, but has there been a shitter team than us that has stayed up? We have been ****ing dire virtually all season, with only 2 memorable performances and one more away result of note. The rest has been anything between lucky and woeful.

Oh cheer up, for ****'s sake

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm about to head off to the Emirates for another doomed trip given that my current awayday record in the last 2 years is LDLLLDLLLLDLLLWLL . So no, I'm not completely immune to the idea that currently its not all a bed of roses :)

The w was against palace. You have nothing to complain about

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I’m aware it’s second season. If you think we can improve all 25 squad players in 3-4 transfer windows I guess we will just have to agree to disagree

I don't have a problem with our squad, they don't become shit overnight. I have a problem with the direction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here