Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Taco Bell

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Del Taco beats Taco Bell for cheap fast food tacos in California. They're everywhere

Also In n Out Burger is a fantastic cheap burger place - streets ahead of McD

and Super Duper Burger as a gourmet burger joint - fantastic

In’n’Out Burgers are the business. Have you ever spotted the biblical citations on the napkins? They really love 1 Corinthians 13.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
When I posted that it dawned on me what a chain-ridden list that was, which is curious because when out in Worthing we actively avoid the chains. We have fewer of them though, I guess.

We haven't been to Wagamama for a long time as sushi generally wins the day.

For cheap takeaway sushi there is also Kokoro though that is also a small chain. I havent been to Taco Bell not because I am a food snob its because I like to support the smaller restaurants. I dont like going everywhere and seeing the same places. Brighton isnt like that so much which is why I like it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Taco Bell? Do you mean the Anglo-Mexican wonderkid marquee signing by the club currently failing to light up the Belgian second division? Or do you mean the fast food outlet in Western Road?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I prefer Chipotle to Taco Bell in the States. More expensive but better quality and you can choose the ingredients - bit more like Subway. Although they did have a bit of a food poisoning problem a while ago...........

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Taco Bell? In Brighton! Well I have just learned something. A bit of a hike from my office near the station having just googled it, but got to be worth my "eat out for lunch on Friday" option next week! Was getting bored of Pret, Itsu, Kokoro..

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
When in the US, I love me some Taco Bell!

As a veggie there are still quite a few things (although refried beans is very often prevalent) and, as you say, you get a decent amount of food for your cash.

I've never had fries from there though - not sure I noticed they did them.

The kids are more into Asian food, so Yo, Itsu and Wagamama are our regular quick bites when in Brighton, so I've yet to try the Taco Bell there. I think there's one in Chichester too...

If Wagamamas is your regular quick bite, you should definitely visit Pompokos. It’s just round the corner, and a lunch sized meal costs around £6. Fantastic quality, and their katsu curry rivals Wagamama’s but for less than half the price.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Taco Bell? In Brighton! Well I have just learned something. A bit of a hike from my office near the station having just googled it, but got to be worth my "eat out for lunch on Friday" option next week! Was getting bored of Pret, Itsu, Kokoro..

It’s opposite Waitrose on W.Road.

It’s okay, and a decent bite to eat for a few sheckles.

Enjoy.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I prefer Chipotle to Taco Bell in the States. More expensive but better quality and you can choose the ingredients - bit more like Subway. Although they did have a bit of a food poisoning problem a while ago...........

Agreed - Chipotle is far superior. This lot are gunna lose their minds when they finally get Chick-Fil-A. It kicks KFC in the knackers.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Chick-Fil-A? Sounds like a place I'd need a head to toe scub after visiting...

Fried or grilled chicken heaven my friend. Also, a great rewards scheme with excellent customer service. They have raised the bar for fast food. My daughter loves the place.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Fried or grilled chicken heaven my friend. Also, a great rewards scheme with excellent customer service. They have raised the bar for fast food. My daughter loves the place.

I look forward to being proven wrong! Not a fried chicken person myself but hey - never say never!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This lot are gunna lose their minds when they finally get Chick-Fil-A. It kicks KFC in the knackers.

Indeed - they've been in NYC for a while. They show Kentucky Fried Rat up for what they are - a place that should only be visited when you are extremely drunk so you have an excuse

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agreed - Chipotle is far superior. This lot are gunna lose their minds when they finally get Chick-Fil-A. It kicks KFC in the knackers.

Clueless :) Shoreham Fried Chicken is opening soon on our high street. Can you imagine!

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Indeed - they've been in NYC for a while. They show Kentucky Fried Rat up for what they are - a place that should only be visited when you are extremely drunk so you have an excuse

I did not realize that Chik-Fill-A has been in business since the early 1960's, originally down there in the deep south. The reasoning behind why they are still all closed on Sundays 50+ years later is rather interesting. The original creator, a certain Mr S. Truett Cathy's deep seated believe in religion via being a Southern Baptist, led for his wish that all employees are to follow Sunday as a day of rest, and not handle money on the "Lords Day".

Hard to imagine another fast food place (or business in general) closing its doors on one of the busiest days of the week and writing off about $1 Billion a year in sales.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Clueless :) Shoreham Fried Chicken is opening soon on our high street. Can you imagine!

Finally some competition for Posh Nosh and the 11pm chucking out time patronage...I notice we're also getting a Turkish Barbers...and they say the high street is dying!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Finally some competition for Posh Nosh and the 11pm chucking out time patronage...I notice we're also getting a Turkish Barbers...and they say the high street is dying!

I'll bear that in mind next time i need my ear hair singed out :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here