Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maty Ryan - analysis & discussion

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Ryan was my MOTM today (with the Greyhound a close second) Some of his saves are sublime and go under rated. We are very lucky to have him!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Don't agree at all re Grummitt. Corrigan and Moseley absolutely.

I think Ryan will be disappointed, in fact he showed it with his body language for about the next 5 minutes, slapping himself and banging his hands together.

Made some good saves as well though......

Yes, yes but Ryan is always angry and disappointed when he concedes but let’s talk about The Greyhound. Is he winning you round yet? More attacking bones in his body than just about any other player in the squad, love him.:smile:

I think he wins us more non penalties which were penalties than our forwards :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, yes but Ryan is always angry and disappointed when he concedes but let’s talk about The Greyhound. Is he winning you round yet? More attacking bones in his body than just about any other player in the squad, love him.:smile:

I think he wins us more non penalties which were penalties than our forwards :lolol:

[emoji2] no, he’s awful, but as per my ratings, he was certainly okay yesterday and one of the better ones.

Defensively, usual shortcomings one on one, positionally (Duffy was giving him such a rollicking at one point), but yesterday his headed clearances were better, but please not against Zaha and Townsend.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[emoji2] no, he’s awful, but as per my ratings, he was certainly okay yesterday and one of the better ones.

Defensively, usual shortcomings one on one, positionally (Duffy was giving him such a rollicking at one point), but yesterday his headed clearances were better, but please not against Zaha and Townsend.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoping to see Lamptey in for a baptism of fire for that game!

Blatter

Feb 27, 2012
To be fair to Ryan, I think that he was partially un-sighted by Murray when Stevens hit the shot.

I'm more concerned the goals where Ryan is beaten by a looping shot to his far post..............

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
At least we can rely on Ryan not being a bottle job. Just seen Arsenal concede an equaliser to Everton and worst piece of chickening out I've seen for a while. The ball was his to win and didn't even need a suicidally brave dive at the attacker's feet. Really weak!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ryan would have saved that.

& That.

#LuckyToHaveHim

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
& that.

Although in fairness I could have as well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Shot straight at him today ..... Still goes in

More worried about 20-odd shots at the other end, none of which looked like going in. Goalie isn’t our problem.

Maybe it is. Maybe in training they kick the ball at Ryan and it goes through him, so they take that into the match and put all their shots straight at their keeper, expecting it to go in like it does in Lancing.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Same old problem for Ryan. No idea what he was doing there

Elipsis

Sep 14, 2019
How many other premier League teams would Ryan get into? Possibly Southampton, but struggling to think of many others. He's been decent-ish over his 2.5 seasons, but IF we stay up, I think GK is an area that we need to review.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here