Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Gross

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
We need to sign that Harry Wilson from Derby. He would challenge Gross for that starting position very well. I was very impressed with him when they played us in the cup. Exactly the sort of player we need. Only problem is he's not from the Dutch league.

Nothing except create 23 of our big chances despite being injured most of the season.
I thank Gross for one thing, he is literally killing the credibility of these baffingly weird statto categories, here telling you Gross has had a good season [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
It must be. 4-3-3 just hasn't worked and Gross looked poor in it. Equally Propper hasn't lived up to the attacking role in 4-3-3 and Bissouma has clearly been told that if he runs forward he will be fined, making him useless too.

Based on yesterday’s third goal presumably Bissouma has also been told not to bother running back if he loses it as well? Should be dropped for that alone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We need to sign that Harry Wilson from Derby. He would challenge Gross for that starting position very well. I was very impressed with him when they played us in the cup. Exactly the sort of player we need. Only problem is he's not from the Dutch league.

What would you then do with Jocko McArgieface?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Based on what?

The standard of the argentian league. The price we got him for (peanuts in comparison to your average Prem signing) and how we signed him and loaned him straight back even so we're desperate for better talent and in danger of relegation.

He's a gamble. I bet he'll get loaned out before next season begins to get him 'match fit'. He'll be a transfer policy project, similar to Percy Tau.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The standard of the argentian league. The price we got him for (peanuts in comparison to your average Prem signing) and how we signed him and loaned him straight back even so we're desperate for better talent and I'm danger of relegation.

He's a gamble. I bet he'll get loaned out before next season begins to get him 'match fit'
It's a shame posters don't realise the bleeding obvious:-

- Unless signed from the Bundesliga or the top of La Liga or Serie A, EVERY signing will come from an inferior league.
- £8,000,000 (?) isn't chicken feed.
- He was the 5th highest transfer in the January window. (Solanke £19m :lol: )
- At the time of the signing he wasn't needed.

But he is a fast, attacking midfielder who plays more as a second striker.
Sure he might not cope so well as right back and not getting a game until January might impede his progress, but come on.

Writing him off and deciding he's Battiepiedi without having seen him even kick a ball, is, even by NSC's standards, ridiculous.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Based on yesterday’s third goal presumably Bissouma has also been told not to bother running back if he loses it as well? Should be dropped for that alone.

I watched that with disbelief, both at the time - then on MoTD.... Can i create a new word called 'notgiveashittery' - of which he appeared to be guilty.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It's a shame posters don't realise the bleeding obvious:-

- Unless signed from the Bundesliga or the top of La Liga or Serie A, EVERY signing will come from an inferior league.
- £8,000,000 (?) isn't chicken feed.
- He was the 5th highest transfer in the January window. (Solanke £19m :lol: )
- At the time of the signing he wasn't needed.

But he is a fast, attacking midfielder who plays more as a second striker.
Sure he might not cope so well as right back and not getting a game until January might impede his progress, but come on.

Writing him off and deciding he's Battiepiedi without having seen him even kick a ball, is, even by NSC's standards, ridiculous.

I just don't have a lot of confidence in our recruitment at the moment. God knows why?

are you confident he's going to be a good signing?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just don't have a lot of confidence in our recruitment at the moment. God knows why?

They are the same people, that I'll hazard a guess, you were raving about 12-18 months ago.

I know it's a guess but I'm fairly confident as anyone saying a bad word about recruitment then would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
They are the same people, that I'll hazard a guess, you were raving about 12-18 months ago.

I know it's a guess but I'm fairly confident as anyone saying a bad word about recruitment then would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

They're the same people who signed Locadia 15 months ago. I've never raved about our recruitment since we've been in the Prem. Other than Gross, no one has really come in and had a massive impact since we've been in the top flight. The core of our team is still based around the lot who got us promoted (Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, March, Murray, Kayal, Bong, Knockaert etc.) The recruitment has been awful.

We;re spending £8m on players who we just loan back. Is that wise for a team who could get relegated to the Championship?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They're the same people who signed Locadia 15 months ago. I've never raved about our recruitment since we've been in the Prem. Other than Gross, no one has really come in and had a massive impact since we've been in the top flight. The core of our team is still based around the lot who got us promoted (Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, March, Murray, Kayal, Bong etc.) The recruitment has been awful.

We;re spending £8m on players who we just loan back. Is that wise for a team who could get relegated to the Championship?

At the time of the signing the team we're flying and one win away from challenging for the Everton Cup.

What would you have done with him?

Odd to dismiss Ryan, Jose, Propper not to mention Bernie in favour for Bong.

If only the recruitment team and managing trio of the club had done a Fulham.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
At the time of the signing the team we're flying and one win away from challenging for the Everton Cup.

We were flying last year? Pretty sure we were bottom half for most of the season (not that we were underachieving)

What would you have done with him?

Which one?

Odd to dismiss Ryan, Jose, Propper not to mention Bernie in favour for Bong.

I mentioned the core of our team still being heavily based around our Championship promotion team. Odd that you can argue that.

If only the recruitment team and managing trio of the club had done a Fulham.

and there was me thinking we've spent over £120m on players since we've been in the Prem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We were flying last year? Pretty sure we were bottom half for most of the season (not that we were underachieving)

Which one?

I mentioned the core of our team still being heavily based around our Championship promotion team. Odd that you can argue that.

and there was me thinking we've spent over £120m on players since we've been in the Prem.

But it's not heavily based around 'championship quality' Dunk and Duffy, we were promoted with Premier League quality DnD.

Kayal and Bong have hardly played.

Stephens, March & Murray are exactly the sort of players you don't do a 'Fulham' with and throw out as soon as promotion happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here