Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Could We Survive On 33 Points?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
if Bournemouth and Newcastle arent considered winnable, we may as well give up. not how it works of course, knowing our luck/form, we'll draw a couple of the home games, lose a couple and get a draw and win away.

On form I have serious doubts however there is always the End of Season syndrome where, of course, anything can happen - would rather not be there !

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
if Bournmouth and Newcastle arent considered winnable, we may as well give up. not how it works of course, knowing our luck/form, we'll draw a couple of the home games, lose a couple and get a draw and win away.
The statement refers to Burnley's remaining games - which are fortunately very difficult after they play Cardiff on Saturday.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The statement refers to Burnley's remaining games - which are fortunately very difficult after they play Cardiff on Saturday.

oops, sorry, thought it part of the wave of pessimism :blush:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
On form I have serious doubts however there is always the End of Season syndrome where, of course, anything can happen - would rather not be there !

its the Brighton way though, do it difficult. we'll lose to Cardiff and everyone will say we're doomed, then beat Tottenham and think next season we'll compete for Europe.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have seven games left. Since Chris took over we have never lost more than three league games in a row, so I doubt we will finish on 33 points.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It makes the next couple of games exciting. In some ways, I was a little bit complacent and indifferent for a for a few games a few months ago, when in mid table with little chance of a relegation struggle, and no expectation of finishing much higher in the table.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think Cardiff will reach 38 points and so I agree that 5 points will see us safe. But only on goal difference.

Out of interest, where do you see Cardiff getting 10 points from?

If you think they’ll beat Burnley that would put Burnley in big trouble as they’re only on 36 points and they’ve then got away to Chelsea, home to Man City, away to Everton and then home to Arsenal so unlikely to get any more points.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
So much time wasted here trying to predict other teams future results.The reality is that it's down to us to get enough points to be above the bottom three.What other results occur is totally out of our hands and as other posters have said there will be surprises.One thing that I have learned about football is that results have a habit of proving all us Monday's experts wrong.From here on in its up to the coaching staff and players to earn their corn and for the club as all clubs assess their performance/future at seasons end.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we drew with Cardiff we MIGHT do it on 34, but can't let them beat us plus get zero other points. No. Just I.M.H.O. of course.

Would love to just beat them and put it to bed.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
No I don't think 33 would see us safe. 34 however, assuming the 34th point came against Cardiff I think would see us stay up.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think Cardiff will reach 38 points and so I agree that 5 points will see us safe. But only on goal difference.

Well their best return on any 6 games in a row this season is 7 points, they have only 2 left at home and 1 of them is Liverpool.

Next Tuesday is crucial, just got my tickets. An absolute must not lose, but we have to go for it. Lets not p$ss around

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The two home wins over Bournemouth and Cardiff.

Football sounds so easy doesn't it when we say it like that? It's certainly not.

But one victory and a draw could be enough. Cardiff look gone, and with the traumatic season they've had it's looking bleak for them. I think Neil Warnock will retire in the summer and who can blame him after what he's been through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here