Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lineker

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I think you'll get the domestic treble but will fall short to Barcelona or Juventus in the Champions League. Good luck in that - would like to see Pep win it - a very decent man and how he's moulded that side together who always respects the opposition. You looked shattered though.

Don't know if it's already been said but N17 is Spuds

Albion Prem

Nov 23, 2018
Lindfield
It is the only live football they get, they wanted a 6-0 City masterclass to swoon over, they didn't get it because we didn't let them.
I think we ruined the BBC wankfest party and they didn't like it.
Fuk em.

I agree,however to stop them we had to play a very defensive system which meant we had little possession in their half,cant recall a shot on their goal,this is not critism just acceptance that there is a huge gulf between the top ten sides and the remaining teams in the Premiership

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I too was rather infuriated by the frankly bizarre ending to the pundits summary’s. At half time they were very much behind our approach, applauding our ‘plucky’ work rate and our tactical setup.... after a better second half from us, it would seem, we were awful, terrible and deserved to lose to a ‘poor’ Man City... WTF?!?

Aside from being unbelievable, patronising and borderline insulting, they side stepped how well we contained City so convincingly for much of the game. As others have said; the back five, Knocky, Bisouma and DP/DS and even Ali deserve huge credit.

I’m immensely proud in defeat tonight, and now CH needs those levels vs the Cherries.

Bring it on.

As for the beeb, well they ought to look back at those post match comments and ask whether they were impartial, fair and just plain good enough?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well we cant all spend billions on players and play like City , the pundits have a real hard time understanding City have bought their success with deep pockets while teams like Brighton cant compete financially.

I would love to see how Pep gets on if he was manager of say Burton Albion .... he has always had money to buy who ever he likes lets see how he copes on a league 1 clubs budget , wouldn't be so hyped up then would he.

I now see why Pep agreed to join MC over MU.

Petro$$$$$$$$$$$$$cheats.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Who really gives a toss what Lineker and his nodding dog thinks.
It's the fans that know the club, not him.
I think that we did what we could with the talent we have.
TB may be a billionaire, but he's not stupid to think that we'll compete with these Citeh clowns.
I enjoyed today.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who really gives a toss what Lineker and his nodding dog thinks.
It's the fans that know the club, not him.
I think that we did what we could with the talent we have.
TB may be a billionaire, but he's not stupid to think that we'll compete with these Citeh clowns.
I enjoyed today.

Good post. That’s why I said I turn off at final whistle, to ignore the unknowledgeable noise of the bores.

Are you back home already?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
I really don't give a flying fig about Linakers comments......I sat here in Spain surrounded by my mates who support, Spurs, Chelski, Manure etc. and they all said Brighton played well, stifled and rattled City who seemed to think it a walk over. We all thought it a straight red, at normal speed it was - but VAR in slo-mo disguises this. Everyone played their own part but the stand outs had to be AK, DS, SD and Lewis Dunk....if ever a player had B&HA in his blood stream it's him. So thank you - I was proud!

D

Deleted member 2719

I wonder if Lineker realises he is not in the same league as Des Lynam and never will be.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A couple of worthy footnotes; Sterling said we were brilliant and Pep himself that we are an exceptional (as in good, not exceptionally) defensive team... not too shabby from the team set to win them all.

We are a defensive team, at this level, we really are... but we’re bloody good at it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
obvious bias but i didnt see that bad a game, was it jsut because they expect 3 or 4 nil procession match for Man City? they weren't poor so much, they just did enough with one goal and other than Sterling didnt seem interested in more. we got at them from some spells, and some great tackles in second half had them neutralised.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I genuinely used to admire Gary, for his footballing skills, and Italia '90.

However, it turns out that the guy is a prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here