Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lineker

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just shows how long Linekar has been away from the action.
Always makes me laugh when national treasure types flirt with controversy.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Instead of whingeing about the game being dull, they should moan about a system that is so stacked against all but 6 or 7 super-rich clubs that nowadays a semi-Final between 2 teams in the same division is a total mismatch on paper. It’s the sport’s fault that so many teams can now only try to stifle opponents. Obviously the BBC want goals & don’t care if that’s just 6 for City but why should we roll over?

The red card business at half-time summed them up too (admittedly only saw a clip). Pundits saying Walker should have gone. Lineker makes extraordinarily crap joke and they all have a matey laugh about it. When it’s one of the big clubs on the end of a bad decision, the discussion and column inches are endless. When it’s a smaller club, it’s a shrug of the shoulders and move on.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Football Focus this morning was a joke. A w@nk off in the citeh dressing room, small mention of Brighton, followed by a long section about how good Wolves and Watford are.

The BBC used to do good sports programmes. It's now just shocking.

Saw that, it was embarrassing.

To be honest I just stick to JC & Warren plus the Albion Roar, that will do me

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Well....

62f7881097ee3e03b6027d63dede2f22.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sh*t masquerading as wit.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Patronising stuff all afternoon from the tv. Made me angry :eek:
They spoke as if we were a div. 2 club....
As for " City had a poor day"...... We made them look that way.
Once we settled we worked like Trojans to keep our shape and composure.

I was proud to be an Albion fan ..... and the support was magnificent.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I seem to remember Chelsea getting a great deal of credit for how they played against City in the Carabao Cup Final. Just looking at the stats they are remarkably similar - Chelsea restricted City to 13 shots (so did we). Chelsea had ZERO shots on target (we had TWO). So - even Chelsea had to be arch pragmatists....but because it was Chelsea it was fine. Yesterday, because it was Brighton, we get Lineker/Jenas/Shearer belittling us.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Lineker is everything that is wrong with MOTD. Too comfy in his position only wanting to drool over multi millionaire players and someone who has no interest in teams not in the big 6. Not all clubs Gary can break FFP and smudge their figures to get away with what clubs like City do. Time the Beeb ditched him and replaced him with someone with more foresight over football in general. Does he even know there are leagues below the Prem?

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I would love to see how Pep gets on if he was manager of say Burton Albion .... he has always had money to buy who ever he likes lets see how he copes on a league 1 clubs budget , wouldn't be so hyped up then would he.

If all the league 1 and premier league clubs were forced to swap managers it would be fascinating to see the results.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Screw pundits. They hardly ever tell us anything about the game we didn't already know, and if they do it's utter rubbish. Shearer and Lineker case in point. Jonathan Pearce commentates on the whole game and at the final whistle commends Brighton for being brave and battling so well. Flicks to Lineker and Shearer saying it was a terrible game of football.

Commentators should be the go to guys at the end of games as they're paid to watch every bit of the game in detail. "Pundits" just sit there gagging to be entertained.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A couple of worthy footnotes; Sterling said we were brilliant and Pep himself that we are an exceptional (as in good, not exceptionally) defensive team... not too shabby from the team set to win them all.

We are a defensive team, at this level, we really are... but we’re bloody good at it.

Well, you could argue that they had to say that because it makes beating us 1-0 sound more impressive, but I agree that they were below par because we refused to let them walk all over us.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Screw pundits. They hardly ever tell us anything about the game we didn't already know, and if they do it's utter rubbish. Shearer and Lineker case in point. Jonathan Pearce commentates on the whole game and at the final whistle commends Brighton for being brave and battling so well. Flicks to Lineker and Shearer saying it was a terrible game of football.

Commentators should be the go to guys at the end of games as they're paid to watch every bit of the game in detail. "Pundits" just sit there gagging to be entertained.
why anyone actually listens to the pundits is beyond me. I used to look forward to watching MOTD on a Saturday night. Now I record it, then just watch the actual football and fast forward through the interviews and “expert analysis “. Halves the viewing time and trebles the quality.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
why anyone actually listens to the pundits is beyond me. I used to look forward to watching MOTD on a Saturday night. Now I record it, then just watch the actual football and fast forward through the interviews and “expert analysis “. Halves the viewing time and trebles the quality.

Likewise - I get my dose of punditry via the Guardian podcast (Football Weekly), and a few other similar offerings.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Have always regarded Lineker as a smug little turd, living in his smug self-satisfied little world.
I wasn't wrong and I would quite happily force feed him so many fu---ng crisps, he would no longer be able to come up with his 'oh so funny twatty belittling remarks'.:wanker:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Wasn't just Linekar. None of the BBC pundits had a single good word to say about us. Very disappointing, given we were excellent against one of the most expensive sides in the world.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not too long now, we got back about 9ish, met up with our nephews for a yak.
Thought it was a great atmosphere, might have nicked an equaliser at the end, but sadly didnt.
Shame that tw@t Walker didn't go!

Sorry couldn't meet up after - we are lightweights :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here