Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton

D

Deleted member 2719

He's lost his way, undoubtedly. What a refreshing change it would make to see fans rally behind someone who has done everything possible for this club to date. Sure, we are gash at the moment, but I doubt we'll go down, and if recharge and recruit properly I think loyalty to CH would pay off.

He has had a good run perhaps it's time he went fishing or something.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Behold, the traditional ‘we’ve lost a game, Hughton out’ thread.

Who’d you replace him with ?

AJ's agent. He's a real miracle worker.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Look I’m a fan just like you all, but who had heard of Ralph Hasenhüttl for example? They ARE out there and I’m not for a second criticising Chris but we are big time now and I’d assume Tony wants to stay there. I love Chris for all he has done but I just don’t think he’s got it in him to push us on. That’s all!

Personally,I think he deserves more time to see if he can push us on. Not a fan of getting rid of managers at the first sign of trouble. I think it sends the wrong messsage, especially to the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
He's lost his way, undoubtedly. What a refreshing change it would make to see fans rally behind someone who has done everything possible for this club to date. Sure, we are gash at the moment, but I doubt we'll go down, and if recharge and recruit properly I think loyalty to CH would pay off.

No chance. He has reached the limit of his ability.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Yes I know it’s chelsea away, yes I know it’s Man City next and yes I know he’s been brilliant for our club, but he should stand down in the summer and let the club with Ashworh etc try and bring the club forward. I genuinely think we will go down next year if not.

If what I’m suggesting is wrong, tell me why it’s wrong?

He’ll always be a legend

Phil Thompson on SKY has just said how well Chelsea have played. No complaints about Sarriball tonight.

He also said Brighton have done OK. Two worldly goals in the second half, and Giroud's wasn't bad in the first half either.

If we had players like Hazard, Kante, Hudson-Odoi, Luis, Azpilicueta and all the others, we might be able to do better. But they would be quite expensive....?.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Obviously the original post is ott but we are particularly lame when we play Chelsea
We are lame when we play anybody at the moment-it's not just Chelsea.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Personally,I think he deserves more time to see if he can push us on. Not a fan of getting rid of managers at the first sign of trouble. I think it sends the wrong messsage, especially to the players.

He has had too many chances already. We owe him nothing.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
As I understand it, his main objective this season is to survive in the Premier League. He's currently on course to do that.

Who would you replace him with?
That’s all we will ever be able to expect from CH
It will give one season and we will be relegated
I’m not to concerned about tonight’s result it was
expected I guess
If we keep on with these tactics we won’t get much more this season
We will struggle against Bmuff,Cardiff and Toon

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Posters wanting someone to take us to the next level don't seem to realise we are at the next level and CH took us there. This is as good as it gets, just enjoy it!
If you don't like it you know where the door is.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It’s not a counter argument.....it’s a question. I am just interested in who the OP would like instead.

You're a rarity, then. Because it's usually a rhetorical device to suggest we shouldn't fire the manager. People aren't actually interested in listening to suggestions, or will find dismiss them for one reason or another (sam allardyce? Slavan Bilic? Chris Coleman? Cheeky offer for Arsene Wenger? Darren Moore? Michael Appleton, I mean, he's gonna manage everyone eventually, we might as well get it over with?) it's usually just an attempt to somehow seem the call to fire someone less valid.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Posters wanting someone to take us to the next level don't seem to realise we are at the next level and CH took us there. This is as good as it gets, just enjoy it!
If you don't like it you know where the door is.

Drivel

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
Changing managers when things start going wrong is exactly what's wrong with football. Trust in Chris to change it and put it right. I think for all he's done he at least deserves a chance to put it right. Up until Christmas no on was moaning about him. We are still in the prem at the moment which had to be the target for this season. I would though question many of the big money transfers though.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The real irony behind the "Hughton out" stuff is if we were relegated there would be no better manager for that level and getting us back into the Premier League than Hughton himself. It's unarguably what he is best at.

graysgull

Aug 23, 2003
I wonder if there were similar threads on the Newcastle and Norwich forums when they got rid of him... and shat happened to them????

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Have I imagined the FA Cup semi final this weekend. A trip to Wembley????

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Phil Thompson on SKY has just said how well Chelsea have played. No complaints about Sarriball tonight.

He also said Brighton have done OK. Two worldly goals in the second half, and Giroud's wasn't bad in the first half either.

If we had players like Hazard, Kante, Hudson-Odoi, Luis, Azpilicueta and all the others, we might be able to do better. But they would be quite expensive....?.

32m 33m 0m 31m 6m

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here